What's new

Pliny the Elder

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I have a co-worker headed to Frisco within the next few weeks. I am asking him to pick me up some but I have a question or two about Pliny:

Is it readily available and easy to find?
What size bottle? Bomber or 4/6 pack?
How much?

Thanks in advance

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I happen to be a huge fan of Pliny so I think I can comfortably answer your questions. Is it easy to find, yes, if you happen to be at Russian river or in the city. If not, then no. You will rarely ever find it anywhere outside of San Fran. Total wine gets In about a case a week or every two weeks, limit one bottle per person. As far as the size go's I want to say its an odd size like 16 or 18 oz, and they should run about $5.50 a bottle. It's a must try for any beer enthusiast.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Also... I don't know how good of a friend he is... but its over an hour drive from Frisco to Russian River. It's a great place to hang out at though.... Really good pizza and a great sampler with all of their beers! I pick it up in the Los Angeles/Orange County area pretty often at Total Wines also.... They usually just sell 2 per person when i go, but with a couple of winks i was able to get a case before.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
The bottles are 1 pint, 1.25 oz (510 ml) which is 17.2452 ounces. :)

They are released to shops every 6-8 weeks and are generally easy to find at good shops along the west coast. I have a handful of shops in the Seattle area that get them but they limit how many you can buy unfortunately. But at least I can usually buy 1 or 2 every time they are released so I haven't been without a Pliny in my fridge for awhile. I know other bros that can buy them in bunches, so I know they aren't really hard to find if you know where to look.

$5 is right. Any more is just the shop getting more profit.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
And yes I think it's totally worth the hunt. If you hear people talking down on Pliny, they are the people that simply don't like popular things. I personally think Pliny is one of the best beers made, if not the best. Of course I like hops, but I think it's a perfect blend of hops and flavor.