What's new

Plume / mold

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading a few other threads I still cannot determine if it’s mild or plume. Looks crystalline to me and does cover a large area. Is only on a few cigars. Wineador is 64 degrees and 68-69 humidity. Thoughts? Thanks.293549BA-7522-4DE1-9DF0-5EB966C75081.jpeg

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Or go ahead and line them up to smoke next and be rid of the contamination.

Honestly @CQuirolo I'd try to get your humidity closer to 65 and check your hygrometer against a boveda.

If you're using that analog, you could be waaaay off.
Case closed.

Next question, please………...

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Or just use boveda. Honestly what's the point in hygros except to be anal or know if your humi is leaking.
Well since he’s already having a humidity issue I made a recommendation to help him get regulated?
I use Boveda packs, I don’t see the problem with having one since it measures both temperature and humidity while keeping a diary of fluctuations during the day. I would imagine there isn’t that many guys here that aren’t somewhat anal about their cigar storage

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I would imagine there isn’t too many guys here that aren’t somewhat anal about their cigar storage
I used to be but found it’s just not worth the effort. I have hygros in my boxes but all they really tell me is when it’s time to recharge the packs/beads. I just don’t find it satisfying to chase a few % rh.