What's new

Plume or mold?!?

themoneycollector

Ermagherd Sergarse
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
According to Famous this is plume and safe to smoke

I received a bad batch of cigars and FSS rep tries to tell me how this is plume and not mold, and only blue mold is unsafe.

Funny thing is they would let me return them for a refund, but wouldn't let me return them for replacements like I wanted.

....LOL :grinFU: FSS

sorry for the blurry pics

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Looks pretty damn moldy to me. I hate when retailers play that card to try and cover their asses..

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I just ordered some smokes from Famous after being loyal to CI since I started smoking cigars. This has got me rethinking that.... :(

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Yeah I've became a big atlantic and emersons fan. I would try them.
I'm starting to move towards working with our sponsors as much as I can. Occasionally I can't pass up a good deal, but I'd rather support our sponsors when I can.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Everytime I see a retailer do this it ticks me off. Do the right thing and quit telling cigar smokers it's plume !

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I've ordered a few things from Famous before and have never had an issue with anything that I've bought. But I stopped ordering from them for various reasons and this is kind of stuff is one of 'em...don't want to take my chances when there are other places to get stuff from that have impeccable customer service.

Everytime I see a retailer do this it ticks me off. Do the right thing and quit telling cigar smokers it's plume !
And if you really can't tell the difference, get educated or get out of the industry.

Dan

themoneycollector

Ermagherd Sergarse
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I know 100% this is mold.

It's just sad that they would try and tell me otherwise. I feel bad for anybody who would believe them.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Plume is more or lures dusted evenly over the entire cigar, or over large portions of it. Mold (like the mold on your cigars) is patchy and scattered irregularly on the wrapper.

Sorry, bro...The mold fairy has definitely visited these sticks!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Most of the major retailers and shops I've ever heard of will tell you PLUME no matter what, it's just their company line. I think that's crappy CS, but everyone I've heard of who's received moldy sticks has had this happen.

The line about mold being colored is also totally false. Most mold I've seen on cigars has been white.

By those pictures, it definitely looks like mold to me. Plume is not as patchy as that. It looks like crystalline dust, and isn't raised off the cigar at all.

That said, if you want to keep them you can just wipe it off with a damp towel. As long as it's not into the foot it's not going to hurt you or the cigar (might discolor the wrapper slightly if it's a patch that's been there a while).