What's new

Por Larrañaga Petit Corona's?

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Anyone have any experience with these? I've had my eye on a cab for a while. I don't like buying a whole cab without even trying one first, but I've read quite a few reviews of these & they seem to be very well received. Opinions/thoughts, etc? Thanks in advance for the help!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Compared to other CC petit coronas, these need more age. I have only had a fresh one and it was not so good. The Punch and Bolivar fresh were much better.

A lot of guy like these a lot with a bit of age on them though. Perhaps that is good reason to buy a cab of 50. Smoke some now while saving the majority for later on.

Last edited:

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Compared to other CC petit coronas, these need more age. I have only had a fresh one and it was not so good. The Punch and Bolivar fresh were much better.

A lot of guy like these a lot with a bit of age on them though. Perhaps that is good reason to buy a cab of 50. Smoke some now while saving the majority for later on.
I will agree there. Got to have a lil time on them.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0

My first two CC box purchases so far have been Bolivar & Punch PC's & I really like them both now (young). I just pulled the trigger on a cab of these PLPC's... ;)

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
The cab I've got coming has a box code of MLO JUL 11. I guess I'll try to age them as long as possible before giving in to temptation. My will power kinda sucks though! Thanks for all the help & responses, guys.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
From what I find with these is that they are good ROTT...then they get sick and stay sick for a while...after that, they're heaven. Very good ROTT, pretty dull and dirty then just great and flavorful.

These are some of the best PC on the market IMO, these and the BPC, different but amazing in their own rights.

You know something that I find amusing? On another forum that I frequent, there are some that like the PLPC but it's rarely talked about. I tried one on a whim and I was blown away, then the hunt began. It became on of my favorite, under the radar, cigar...then a few months later I register on this forum and I read all these posts from members here praising the PLPC. I think I like this place!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
If you get a 50ct cabinet of these you will not be short of people wanting to split the costs. My experience is they need 4-5 years to really develop into a solid smoke.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
The cab I've got coming has a box code of MLO JUL 11. I guess I'll try to age them as long as possible before giving in to temptation. My will power kinda sucks though! Thanks for all the help & responses, guys.
Pull out 10 for now and save 40 for long term, 2-3 years, storage. That way you can watch them mature and save the majority for when they are at their best. :)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Sadly, these seemed to get hit hard by that price increase a short while ago. I remember cabs going for under $200, now they're up over $250.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
If you get a 50ct cabinet of these you will not be short of people wanting to split the costs. My experience is they need 4-5 years to really develop into a solid smoke.
What Steve said here has been my experience as well.