What's new

Pork Tenderloin Sandwich (and geographic specialties)

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I could kill for one right now! Even one from Oogie's would do. They are not known down here (unless you get the pork sliced down by the butcher and make em yourself - even then, talk about beating your meat!).

What are some of the specialty foods you like that you can't find in your part of the country you live?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Sliders (White Castles) ... I know, but I still like 'em.

A good Po' Boy sandwich.

Lobster Rolls

Texas BBQ

adodson

linux geek
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm originally from Tennessee, and moved back here 2 years ago. But when I lived in Northern Virginia, I noticed there was a shortage of sweet ice tea at restaurants. The ice tea is always sweet in the south, but the DC Metro area just doesn't get it.

Also, that same area is missing sliders. To the south of there, Krystal is everywhere. To the north, White Castle. In the DC area, no slider joints.

When I moved back here to TN after 9 years in NoVA, I missed 5 Guys Burgers (Best burgers on earth). Now, a 5 Guys has opened in Knoxville. HELL YEAH! I still miss Vienna Inn. Any NoVA brothers know about Vienna Inn? Mmmmm.... chili dog heaven.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I missed 5 Guys Burgers (Best burgers on earth). Now, a 5 Guys has opened in Knoxville. HELL YEAH!
They just opened three here... Still have not been, my parents go on a weekly basis and love it.. I am going to have to go sometime soon

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
What a great list:
Pork Tenderloins - like they make in Iowa
Portillos Hot Dogs - Ahhh Chicago
Real Pastrami - NY,NY
Lobstah - Fresh from Bay State in Boston
Lamb Fries- Gardnerville, NV an acquired taste

I have to quit moving.:grin:

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm rollin in the pork BBQ here in TN. Sad that Texans live and die by beef. Great as a steak pure shite as BBQ.

In my lil corner of Tn we have chocolate gravy. Not that is not a euphimism for diarrhea it is gravy you put on biscuits. It's phenom!