What's new

Porsche Design Lighter Warranty?

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So, I won a PD4 lighter in a contest Ron hosted a while back (thanks again Ron...the lighter is gorgeous). But anyway, I can;t get the darned thing to light for me now. It literally takes like 25-30 clicks to get the thing to light, if it lights at all. I know there is fuel in the lighter and it has ony been filled with Vector fuel. I hear the fuel hissing out of the lighter each time I try to light it, but it rarely ignites.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know if Porsche Design offers any sort of warranty (I couldn;t find any information on their website). and if so, how do I make a claim?

any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like this lighter and would like it to work so it can be my go-to lighter.

Thanks fellas

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'm pretty sure you know where you should have gone (RON!) but I believe it is liftetime.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Josh, its been a while since i have sold those lighters. It should be warrenteed, but I forget about the length of time. Like a lot of other companies, they will want you to mail it back to them. If I had any, I would be glad to exchange it, and go through the hassle for you, but I am no longer a dealer. If you have any trouble, PM me, and I will see what I can do to help.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks Ron...I'll go back to their website and shoot them a PM.
I'm assuming they'll take care of it for me, but if I do have any hassle or additional i'll be sure to shoot you a PM...thanks again.

and Tom...I realize that, just thought I would throw it out there so i didn't have to bug Ron with it if anyone else had more infor for me...gues it was kinda stupid logic, :bouncetau

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
is it a torch lighter?? it yes, do you hear the gas? if yes, a spark?? if yes does the spark hit the gas?? if yes, use some air, I have this on some of my lighters at times and use compressed air to clean it off.

if you answered no to any of these questions you're fucked:bangbang:

but seriously, compressed air, I have a 60gallon compressor and shoot 100psi into it.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
BTW, I was not too impressed with them as a company. These days, Heartfelt sells relatively inexpensive lighters with long guarantees. Even the $4 Ronsons have a year replacement guarantee. I would rather have about 30 Ronsons than 1 expensive lighter.