What's new

Portable Ashtray

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Alright, all java'd up this am and ready for a smoke. Headed for the shop to make the 1st 6 trays. I've got 4 gentlemen in mind, and need one more. I'll make 6 to start with, 1 for myself and 1 each for the lab rats.

dpricenator
Angry Bill
Boppa Wasch
Gone Dave

If you want to be #5 in the "Slaughterhouse 5":bigeyes:

Copy the list into your post, and add your name to it.

Boyz, I need your shippin info.

I have info. already for

1.dpricenator
2.the jolly old fat bastard-LOL

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Alright, all java'd up this am and ready for a smoke. Headed for the shop to make the 1st 6 trays. I've got 4 gentlemen in mind, and need one more. I'll make 6 to start with, 1 for myself and 1 each for the lab rats.

dpricenator
Angry Bill
Boppa Wasch
Gone Dave

I have info. already for

1.dpricenator
dpricenator
Angry Bill
Boppa Wasch
Gone Dave

Fredneck

Thanks Man!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
F Neck it is.

I'll try to post up some pic's this afternoon/early evening of what you can expect.

Off to the shop......................:smokingme

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Did I make the list????? PM sent just incase.
PM recieved.

Now fellers, don't set your expectations to high. These will most likely not be as fancy or blingy as the $100 one. I've spent most of the afternoon experimenting with different gauges of sheet. And, funny enough-Wade was not to far from reality. The aluminum used to make soda/beer cans seems to be the most flexible and lightweight. In the least, you will be able to use your man cave portable ashtray and know that it was built by a fellow BOTL.

I'll try to get by the supply place monday, and look at some other sheet. There's a real fine line between, something that will lay flat-then arch to create the tray and then go back to flat. It's all about trial and error-but then that is why we smoke all these different stix. Now isn't it? :glassesgr

Rating - 100%
18   0   0

dpricenator
Angry Bill
Boppa Wasch
Gone Dave

I have info. already for

1.dpricenator
Just got in, and following all the new posts and them BAM!!! there I am as a test pilot!!!!:youarethe

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Mild steel rod, and 1" mild steel tubing-tig welded together. I used the bead roller to roll a bead down each side, to add a little lengthwise rigidity. I'm pretty happy with the design, but am going to look for a better material for the tray.

Attachments

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
looking good. i finally got materials today.. will have it made sometime this week. im going with alluminum for the tray and copper wire and copper cigar tray. should be sweet

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
looking good. i finally got materials today.. will have it made sometime this week. im going with alluminum for the tray and copper wire and copper cigar tray. should be sweet

Can't wait to see yours. I'm at a crossroads, so to speak. Not admitting defeat by any means-but after almost a day and a half. I'm not coming up with anything that looks good enough to use, much less send to the brothers here. The tray is a simple issue, its the cradle that is giving me the fitz. To keep it light enough, to truely be portable-the materials I'm working with are not cooperating. It gets there, it just looks like shit. :dunno:

I'm not done-still pondering a few other options.

RK, post them pic's when your'e done with yours.