What's new

Portable Speakers

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'd like to find some decent but inexpensive speakers to use with both my laptop and HTC Evo. My girlfriend got me some of the $10 ones (Merkury brand, I think) and they don't work in either one with the jack. I thought they were defective but they work fine in her sons iPhone. I've looked in local stores and there seem to be all kinds made for iPhone/iPad and they say they will work with anything with a 3.5 headphone jack but I'm a little skeptical now.
Whats the model of your laptop? I could look it up and find the laptop specs to find a speaker that would work. I would think if it just had that AUX audio cable that it would play...

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Whats the model of your laptop? I could look it up and find the laptop specs to find a speaker that would work. I would think if it just had that AUX audio cable that it would play...
It's an Acer Aspire 7739Z.
Yeah, I would have thought that about the aux cable, too. It doesn't make sense.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It's an Acer Aspire 7739Z.
Yeah, I would have thought that about the aux cable, too. It doesn't make sense.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!
Did you put it in the right audio jack? My HP has a mic audio jack right next to the speaker one.

According to Newegg your laptop has 3 jacks.

1 x Headphone/Speaker/Line-out
1 x Microphone-in Jack
1 x Line-in Jack