What's new

Possible Good News on the FDA Front

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Let's hope this continues to build momentum. LINK

Congressman Mark Meadows (R-North Carolina), Chairman of the House Freedom Caucus used a meeting with President Elect Donald Trump to present to him a list of 232 regulations that could be revoked in Trump’s first 100 days in office. One of the proposed regulations to be revoked were “Deeming tobacco products to be subject to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act”

In a report prepared by Meadows and the House Freedom Caucus. It listed the following notes on this regulation:

The threat of FDA restrictions have loomed over the cigar business ever since the FDA took control over cigarettes; yesterday morning, the other shoe finally dropped. The worst fear of cigar manufacturers and smokers alike has been that the FDA will impose the same onerous pre- market review requirements on cigars that it currently places on cigarettes.

The report also listed the associated costs for these regulations ranging from 48.5 million to 102.5 million.

The House Freedom Caucus is a group of members of the U.S. House of Representatives that describe itself as supporting “open, accountable and limited government, the Constitution and the rule of law, and policies that promote the liberty, safety and prosperity of all Americans.”

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Good to hear that the conversation may be back on the table. Trump will change a lot of things, let's hope this makes it on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious as to just how much impact a POTUS can have on regulations like these. Now I never took an admin law course while in school, but it's my understanding that while agencies like the FDA are part of the executive branch, they get their "law" making ability via a delegation of power by Congress. Once the regulation is implemented, can it be repealed without the consent of Congress?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm curious as to just how much impact a POTUS can have on regulations like these. Now I never took an admin law course while in school, but it's my understanding that while agencies like the FDA are part of the executive branch, they get their "law" making ability via a delegation of power by Congress. Once the regulation is implemented, can it be repealed without the consent of Congress?
Generally congress passes a law to create said agencies to regulate some facet of life. The agencies end up under the per view of the executive branch. Generally they are autonomous and do what ever they want until they are either reined in by the executive branch, new legislation clarifying the intenet of the regulatory body is passed or they are checked via the courts.

Regulatory agencies are also known as the 4th branch of government; they pass tens of thousands of regulations that control what you can and cannot buy, take, give, lend, employee, use or sell.

Which begs the question, is it actually freedom that we have when we have to ask the government for permission to excersize such freedoms?

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Generally congress passes a law to create said agencies to regulate some facet of life. The agencies end up under the per view of the executive branch. Generally they are autonomous and do what ever they want until they are either reined in by the executive branch, new legislation clarifying the intenet of the regulatory body is passed or they are checked via the courts.

Regulatory agencies are also known as the 4th branch of government; they pass tens of thousands of regulations that control what you can and cannot buy, take, give, lend, employee, use or sell.

Which begs the question, is it actually freedom that we have when we have to ask the government for permission to excersize such freedoms?
Any "regulation" that Congress does not approve is unconstitutional. PERIOD. These lawmakers need to read the constitution. MAGA!!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted for Trump. Not a trumpster yet but better him for sure than Killary. I do agree with others here there is hope. If he's going to get rid of 75% of regulations for business...certainly cigarmanufacturing is a business and they should see some relief (even if they are made elsewhere). We need to email him and let him know. I made a donation to his candidacy and now I get five emails a day from his camp asking for more. He's still looking for support.

I imagine the cigar lobbyists are ecstatic so far with Trump in the White house. At least I hope they are!