What's new

Possibly another Digital hygrometer

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So I was at home depot looking for some weed spray for my lawn and saw this hygrometer made by springfield precisetemp for $8.00.
I know....... its cheap so you probably get what you pay for. I didn't mind blowing the money to see how it compares to mine plus it has this suction cup on it and I thought it was cool so if your humi had glass you could stick in on the glass so its right there.

I tested it against my other two thermometers and the temps were all within one degree.

Right now I'm using one of these in my humi, but it is rebadged from the local pet store.

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HTH_1

Here is a picture of them next to each other. The humidity has been within one to two percent too. The one thing I noticed about this hygrometer is that it takes aloooong time for the display to adjust to the humidity compared to the heartfelt one.

Just want to share that with you people.:bangbang:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I was at home depot looking for some weed spray for my lawn and saw this hygrometer made by springfield precisetemp for $8.00.
I know....... its cheap so you probably get what you pay for. I didn't mind blowing the money to see how it compares to mine plus it has this suction cup on it and I thought it was cool so if your humi had glass you could stick in on the glass so its right there.

I tested it against my other two thermometers and the temps were all within one degree.

Right now I'm using one of these in my humi, but it is rebadged from the local pet store.

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HTH_1

Here is a picture of them next to each other. The humidity has been within one to two percent too. The one thing I noticed about this hygrometer is that it takes aloooong time for the display to adjust to the humidity compared to the heartfelt one.

Just want to share that with you people.:bangbang:
I have that flukers one in my humi and it is off by 4%. My analog is off by 2% in the other direction. I put them both in my humi and when I take into account the differences, my humidity is exactly at 67%.

I might have to pick one of those up from Home Depot, I will be going there today. Where exactly did you find it?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I decided to pick up a couple of these from Home Depot and threw them in a boveda calibration bag along with a hygrometer that I have previously calibrated.

All three are within .5 degrees of each other on temperature. My previously calibrated hygrometer is 4% below 75% (which it always has been) on RH. One of the home depot hygrometers is off -10% and the other is off -13%.

adodson

linux geek
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ouch. That's some ugly result, there tuffy. I picked up one of these a while back after reading Boris's original post. It read 74% RH on an overnight salt test. I am such a cheap bastard, I was really hoping this would become a go-to standard for the Brothers here. But, alas, quality control may be where the manufacturer saved all that money.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I finally got around to testing mine with a Boveda pack two days ago, I got a 65% bag. It took two days for the one from Home depot to get up to 60%. I don't like the Home depot one. I'm gonna stick with the heartfelt one.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
If you are looking for a new hygro, head over to your favorite cigar-stuff merchant (Cigarmony, Cigarsolutions, Heartfelt) and get one of the self-adjusted rectangular or circular hygros. They run $23 and at least at Cigarsolutions come with a Boveda Calibration bag ($26). Calibrate it, set it, and you know that what you see on the hygro, is what you get. Calibrate it every 6 months or so to make sure the battery isn't going and you have no worries. Seriously, why bother with all the other junk?

ETA: not to say the heartfelt standard hygro is junk.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The two that I bought from Home Depot ended up reaching 75% after sitting in the bag for 3+ days. I can use them for the temperature part since that was fairly accurate.