What's new

Post your desktop thread

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance Settings -> Custom -> Make sure "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is checked.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Actually you could just click the option that says 'adjust for best appearance' and see if it slows your computer down at all. I've never seen windows actually disable the icon shading when its set to decide on its own so your computer must be really old, or it was manually unchecked before?

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Even after clicking 'best appearance' and ok'ing out of all the windows the green is still behind the icons? There must be some other software controlling your appearance settings in that case...

Try changing to 'best appearance' and under Control Panel -> Display -> Choose the theme "Windows XP" which will reset your appearance settings. Then change your wallpaper back and it -should- be good.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I try to do the color match to my back ground. Usually I just use black, it seems to blend in best

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to wait for the batteries on my camera to recharge, and then you will see what happened to that demonic bird ! :D

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
vipe said:
I haven't seen my desktop in months. I have 48 windows from 17 applications open right now, with over 25 tabbed websites open.

Vipe, you are insane! and you need some rest. I got tired just thinking of that...what a mess...

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Todd, is that girl on the right in the brown sweater taking a pic of you taking a pic of your wife and kids?