What's new

Post your shave of the day here

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been awhile since I last posted on here so I decided to change that. The blade stole the show and is now my all time favorite and best I’ve used since getting into the hobby 5 years ago. My uncle scored a small baggy from an estate sale at a retired plastic surgeons office. If that doesn’t give it away I don’t know what will. Of course they are the Personna Med Prep #74-0002. I can say with confidence that they are better then my Feathers and provide a closer shave with half the passes. They are more pricey though, between $.39 to $1 per blade depending on the quantity. Stainless steel and “For Hospital Use” appear on each blade. The results? The smoothest shave of my life without any irritation or nicks.

After all these things are depended upon by skilled surgeons across the country to prep patients for all different types of surgeries, both cosmetic and life threatening. If that were the only factor they would still be very cool. Now all I need to do is replace them when the 50 I received run dry. Best deal so far was $195 for 1,000 blades.

The wrapper above is the old med preps, which you can’t find anymore. The new ones look like this. It still says “For Hospital Use” on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I gotta up my shaving game it seems, been using the same brush, razor & soap for the past 2 years lol

Don't feel bad. I'm a few month shy of a year wet shaving here. I plan on bringing my beard back whenever this pandemic is over so my supply of shaving equipment is light. Due to work, I needed to lose the beard to properly wear an N95 mask.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Had some time today for a quick shave

Prep: Hot shower and a nice hot water rinse post shower
Brush: Maggard Razors Synthetic brush
Soap: Noble Otter Firefighter
Razor: Maggard Razor DE MR-11
Blade: Feather
Post: Warm water rinse & alum block. This feather blade has been brutal to my face.
Aftershave: Noble Otter Firefighter splash
Cologne: None

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Prep: Hot shower and PAA Cube 2.0 (new to me)
Soap: Proraso green
Blade: Feather
Aftershave: Proraso green

No time for a group picture today but after many reviews I took a risk on the PAA cube 2.0 (both original and menthol “ice cube”). If anyone is on the fence about purchasing I’ll sum it up and say my shave was game changing. The sheer slickness of the cube itself was just crazy- in a good way! My face during (and after) my shave was super smooth and slick. Just be careful as I had dropped the (plastic thank God!) lather bowl, razor and my brush even after rinsing my hands of the cube. It was a great purchase, no regrets. I’ll give the menthol “ice cube” its time in the warmer months here though.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My best cigar friend was a pharmaceutical chemist for 30 years and did some experiments with the 5 blades I gave him for Christmas. Using his B&L microscope the results were around 10 shaves without any curling of the steel. Approaching half a century of shaving he’s never experienced this before on any blade. He states it was sharper then a Feather but somehow smoother then a Derby. So that means if you have a light touch, you could easily get 15 shaves out of one blade.

Personna Med Preps #74-0002

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Prep: Hot Shower with conditioner
Razor: Gillette black beauty
Blade: Persona lab
Brush: Semougue OC owners club
Soap: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations tobacco and bay.
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
Cologne: Gilbert Henry Bay Rum

20210117_104851_HDR.jpg

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Not sure if I've posted in this thread or not, but I have a 1946 Gillette Aristocrat in the original Rose Gold and a 1916 Gillette 3 piece (dont remember the model)
Need to send the aristocrat in for replating. Honestly like shaving with the little 3 piece better.
Does anyone know if Razor Emporium still refurbishes boxes still? Not seeing it on their website any longer.

EDIT: After looking at some razor identification pages, it seems my 3 piece is a "tech", but the oldest I'm seeing is 1938, and none of the look anything like what I have. I'll have to look at the stamping when I get home tonight.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Prep: Hot water rinse and PAA Cube
Soap: Declaration Grooming Darkfall
Blade: Feather (8th and final shave with the same blade)
Post: Warm water rinse & alum block. Aftershave: Declaration Grooming Darkfall

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Hereditas by Semogue
Soap: Mama Bear’s Mysore sandalwood
Razor: Ever-Ready
Blade: Shark
Aftershave:

I’m still getting used to the Ever-Ready razor, as I have only been using DE’s for the last 6 years.
Whew, this thing cuts close!

ED2FEF8F-2C12-4E62-97C7-FA482AA040E6.jpeg