What's new

Posting while intoxicated!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
tobby4 said:
Uh yea... I am right now... so any of the posts by me in the past hour.. yea I was intoxicated...

I dont know why... I only had:

1 pitcher of Miller Lite
3 Newcastle's
3 Crown with a splash of Coke

Hmmmm I wonder.
yeah I can't imagine why:stretchgr:bottle:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
tobby4 said:
Uh yea... I am right now... so any of the posts by me in the past hour.. yea I was intoxicated...

I dont know why... I only had:

1 pitcher of Miller Lite
3 Newcastle's
3 Crown with a splash of Coke

Hmmmm I wonder.
Nice work. We're proud! :thumbsup:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
and I remember most of it... just not how I got home....

oh and I am about to get taken to the Ritz for dinner and Drinks, so yea, there should be some entertaining posts later (well If i make it home)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
tobby4 said:
and I remember most of it... just not how I got home....
Sounds like the story of my life. . . Thank God for my wonderful girlfriend who drives me home all those nights!

Have fun tonight bro!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Holy crap...thank goodness I drove my golf cart to the course today...I'd hate to think i had to drive a car in this ocndition! Early start on teh way to wasted land.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
of course.... Yea we got a cab, that drives us everywhere for CHEAP so its not bad at all....

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I found out the other day that under Texas DUI laws if you blow you go to jail, license suspended 180 days. . . if you don't blow, go to jail license suspended 180 days. . . and it doesn't matter how you do on your field sobriety test either. Basically, if you get pulled over and the cop thinks you might be intoxicated you're going to jail and you're losing your licence for 180 days. And it's not like if you wanna fight that they're going to let you use your licence until a verdict is rendered in your case, it's automatically suspended. I'm not driving freakin' anywhere anymore!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Simple don't drink and drive. If you do get pulled over and the cop believes you are intoxicated, just blow into the device.

Field sobriety tests are a way to tell, but ultimately it depends on your BAC.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
caudio51 said:
If you do get pulled over and the cop believes you are intoxicated, just blow into the device.

1. don't drink & drive like you mentioned.

but if you do get pulled over NEVER blow into the test. Many police officers i know have given me this advice (not that i drink and drive). Its only proof against you.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Poni said:

but if you do get pulled over NEVER blow into the test. Many police officers i know have given me this advice (not that i drink and drive). Its only proof against you.
Aren't you just assumed DUI if you do not blow into the machine?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Poni said:

That depends on where you are I think. In WV, by simply driving in the state you are deemed to have given implied consent that you will take a field sobriety test if an LEO has reason to believe that you're intoxicated. Refusing the test can result in 1 year (and up to life) revocation of your driving priveleges. AND the DMV and criminal charges are seperate. Even if you beat the case in court, if the DMV believes the officer had reasonable cause to suspect you were intoxicated they go with that. Minimum of 6 month revocation for 1st offense, 5 years for 2nd offense and 10 years to life for 3rd offense. Also on the 3rd offense you you will probably do a year in jail. Our regional jails are full of DUI offenders. There is no provsion under WV law for a restricted license to allow you to travel to work either. These boys are serious!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yea, that is what I was trying to say clearly. I don't know the law specifically here in NJ but the whole implied consent is what I was trying to get at.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
caudio51 said:
Simple don't drink and drive. If you do get pulled over and the cop believes you are intoxicated, just blow into the device.

Field sobriety tests are a way to tell, but ultimately it depends on your BAC.
I never drive if I'm intoxicated, but what I was saying is even if you're not they can still take you in a suspend your license in TX. I read an article about a lady who had ONE beer with dinner (that may or may not be true, but she wasn't intoxicated) and when she refused the breathalizer because there have been reports of inaccuracy, her license was suspended for 180 days.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
jasontp said:
I never drive if I'm intoxicated, but what I was saying is even if you're not they can still take you in a suspend your license in TX. I read an article about a lady who had ONE beer with dinner (that may or may not be true, but she wasn't intoxicated) and when she refused the breathalizer because there have been reports of inaccuracy, her license was suspended for 180 days.
Yep, like was said above, you are consenting when you drive. On her part it was stupid. She would have been fine.