What's new

Prayers for an opportunity

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've not been too active since being laid off. After being on a pc everyday for many years I just don't want to go near the thing.

I've started to post about this a couple times when I have read the forums but I'm so holding my breath about it I don't want to get my hopes up.

I posted an email to my church men's small group the day I was laid off. I new guy had joined that I hadn't met and he emailed that he'd call me. I thought it was just to get acquainted, but when he called he said "I think I can help you out".

It turned out he has a medical device company that supplies "parts" to surgeons to repair injuries.(mainly foot and ankle) We are in negotiations for me to come on board and be part of the team. It would involve a fair amount of driving, and I'd actually be in surgery's making sure the doctors understand how to "install" the devices.

The more we talk, the more I'm excited about the possibilities. I'm supposed to go to be in a surgery this Thursday and or Friday to make sure it's something I could handle. I don't think it will be a problem.

I hope we can get past the negotiations and get to work.

Thanks for any prayers sent my way!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
That's awesome! Prayers that everything goes well. One of the things I love most about my job is being able to see some pretty nifty surgeries...albeit on animals, not people.

Dan

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Good luck brother. That sounds like interesting work, for sure. Do you have any experience in medical supplies?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good luck brother. That sounds like interesting work, for sure. Do you have any experience in medical supplies?
No, none at all which is what surprises me. We had a long talk in the beginning and he said he was looking for some one that had common sense and was mechanically inclined. I also have a lot of business experience with managing employees etc. that he doesn't have. He knows it will be a large learning curve. IF we come to an agreement I'm sure I'll be more on the business side in the beginning doing post surgery paperwork, setting up his web presence and so on.

I just wish he'd get off the stick. We've had 2 appointments for me to observe this week and they've fallen through. I'm not sure what to do at this time. I don't want to be a pest but I think I need to leave the ball in his court.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
That is awesome. I hope everything works out for both parties and you get to work very soon!

Keep us posted.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Wow I'll be praying for the best. If this can turn into something that'd be a great turnaround time for your job situation. Best of luck!