What's new

Prayers for my family

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I would just like to take a moment to request prayers for my family (in case you are so inclined).

Early yesterday morning (3:15 AM) I received a call from my mother, letting me know that my father has passed away. He had been in declining health lately and had made the decision over New Years to begin home hospice care so we knew this was coming. We certainly did not expect that it would happen so soon though. He had come to terms with the inevitable and had already prepped my mom regarding how to handle the various things that he normally took care of such as investments, insurance, important papers, etc. He and I had also had many conversations over the past couple of years and I feel confident that there was nothing left unsaid or anything that would be leftover to cause regrets. Because he was ready to go and prepared to "meet his maker" it has made things much easier for me to accept. Yes, I am sad that he is no longer here however I am quite confident that he is in a better place now and that I will have the pleasure of seeing him again at some point. My only concern is that he died of a progressive lung disease called pulmonary fibrosis which is something that runs on his side of the family. I can only hope that I did not inherit a bad gene from him since it is a terrible disease that slowly makes it harder and harder to breath and my chosen hobby puts me into some pretty "smoky" places.

I am doing OK but my main concern is for other members of my family. Because they are older, my children also seem to be handling things OK but some of my younger nieces and nephews were quite close to him and this news has been hard for them. The funeral is next Monday so if you could please pray for my extended family I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Rupe

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can never be prepared for this even if "you know its coming " so sorry brother.
prayers sent for you and your family

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So sorry to hear this brother your family is in my thoughts and prayers, God bless you all