What's new

Prayers please!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Praise God for the good news @Altercall!!

Continued prayers for your daughter’s recovery. Lifting up your family as you go through this tough situation.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts are with you.

Just out of curiosity, how old is your daughter. I was a respiratory therapist and you would see this in kids that would catch RSV, which is a viral type of lung issue that needs a specific medication called Rifampin. It was usually seen in infants and toddlers and can be very scary.

It was often misdiagnosed and while antibiotics were given via IV things would actually deteriorate worse. Steroids help but RSV is contagious to small children.

I hope this isn’t the case, but I also hope they have pulled a sputum culture and sent it off for culturing and sensitivities testing to nail down the right drug regimen as so often it’s a best guess work without it.

Thinking of your daughter and hoping there is some help coming from above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Thoughts are with you.

Just out of curiosity, how old is your daughter. I was a respiratory therapist and you would see this in kids that would catch RSV, which is a viral type of lung issue that needs a specific medication called Rifampin. It was usually seen in infants and toddlers and can be very scary.

It was often misdiagnosed and while antibiotics were given via IV things would actually deteriorate worse. Steroids help but RSV is contagious to small children.

I hope this isn’t the case, but I also hope they have pulled a sputum culture and sent it off for culturing and sensitivities testing to nail down the right drug regimen as so often it’s a best guess work without it.

Thinking of your daughter and hoping there is some help coming from above.

Thank you, she’s 5. Friday we got xrays that showed pneumonia in her lower-right lung. Cifdinir wasn’t working after 4 days, se we were referred to Cooks. ER doc mentioned Sepsis, which got us worried, but she only started coughing on Tuesday. Just an ER doc jumping to the worst as usual. The took a swab to check for walking pneumonia. The major concern was it may have been antibiotic resistant. They went ahead and gave her a dose of Zithromax while we waited on results. Results can back positive for Mycoplasma Pneumonia. She had a 102 fever early this morning, but by the afternoon her temp was down without any Tylenol or Ibuprofen.

We’ll watch her cough to make sure there is no worry of RSV. Could RSV be the cause of the pneumonia?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Praise God for a good report, Jay! I'll keep praying. I've had to take both my girls to the hospital multiple times ... once in an ambulance. Not fun.

By the way, I had both types of pneumonia at the same time in BOTH lungs when I was 11. They said it was a 1 in a million case, proably the only one in the whole country that year. Lucky me! I was in the hospital for over a week, and it was pretty rough. Spoiler alert ... God got me through it and I"m a healthy adult now :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
RSV can cause pneumonia, but mycoplasma is a totally different bacteria. It's very common in rodents, but not so much in people. I've had rats with it and it responds really well to Doxycycline in most cases. I'm very glad to hear she is moving the right direction

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I'll be praying for your family, as well, Jay
Good to hear the little one's responding to the care.
Hang in there, buddy!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Update. My little girl is doing well. Still getting her energy back, and still has her cough, but she’s getting there.

On the down side, my wife and I both have walking pneumonia.

OK. I'll move your prayers over to the Family Plan.
But you need to take care over there :giggle:
No more cigars until you're better, Jay !

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sucks Jay for you and your wife, but happy to hear your girl is doing better!