What's new

Pretty Cool Vendor **Completed With Pics**

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
So I got this idea for a new project I want to work on, it's a ashtray stand, kind of old school retro style, made from wood. I found a cool stainless steel dish that will work perfect for the ashtray and I got it at a thrift store for .25! So I have all the plans read in my head, the only thing is, the cigars will not just rest on the ashtray as it'll be inlaid into the wood, so, I need a cigar holder.

I get online, do a little Google and get the e-mail address of Stinky, from Stinkycigars.com (aka Stinky ashtrays) and shoot him an e-mail with the whole story and ask if he would possibly consider selling me two of the saddles that go on his ashtrays. Within minutes he replies with...

Great Story, Wade! Of course I'd send a couple stirrups. However, there will be conditions & pay-back!

1. You must promise to (properly) repair your Stinky Cigar Ashtray. I'll send soldering instructions.

2. You must promise to send me some JPG photos of the project (progress shots and final setting).

3. Send me a cigar! :)

Reply with your mailing address and I'll drop them in the mail tomorrow.

How can I go wrong with that deal. Great product, great vendor, great gesture!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Wow, you people know everyone.

Nice work Wade. Hope the project turns out great. I too expect to see some pics of the project, but no need to send me a cigar

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I read through Stinky's site a while back, and thought he seemed like a down to earth kind of guy. WTG STINKY!!!!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Wow, you people know everyone.

Nice work Wade. Hope the project turns out great. I too expect to see some pics of the project, but no need to send me a cigar
Nah. He hangs at Casa Fuente during the Big Smoke. There is also a group of regualrs in Las Vegas that meet all the time. One great group of BOTL's.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Dang, I kinda forgot to post pics of the ashtray stand when I finished it. Not that it's a great piece or anything, but it came out exactly as I'd hoped, I was going to stress it a little more with dings and worn stain, but just got lazy. Anyway, here it is. The Stinky stirrups worked wonderful, and I found these bases at a restaurant supply store in Green Bay ($1.20 each), basically they're the things that hold table numbers, but I just took the clip off and used the base to hold the Stinky stirrups and then also the match holders in back.

The whole shebang:

Closer view of the top. The two cups in the back are to hold larger farmer or stick matches, the one on the right for new matches and the left is for burned matches. The cup on the left screws on and off with a helicoil that I put into the top of the stand so that way you can simply unscrew it to empty it and then reinstall it in a few seconds.

The Stinky stirrups are for me, the best part of the stand, I love the two Stinky ashtrays I have and the stirrups work great. The ashtray simply slides out of the hole it sits in to be emptied.

Just a side shot and here you can see better the bases that hold the Stinky stirrups.

Just an inside shot of the drawer, very simple, just holds junk and accessories.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
This is very nice work. I really like the design and functionality. Nice Wade.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Wow. very nice wade.

Hey! is that a 2008 limited edition cohiba you got from Tegu?!?!:hysterica