What's new

Pretty Cool Vendor **Completed With Pics**

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Very nice wade, I have a piece of furniture that size. I may have to get out the gigsaw, and retro that puppy into a smoke stand. I bought it at a garage sale a year ago and it takes up room in the garage.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow, that is a piece of art - I wouldn't mind having something like that in my lounge, once it's complete.

Make a few more, I'll buy em =]

Great work!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Dang, I kinda forgot to post pics of the ashtray stand when I finished it. Not that it's a great piece or anything, but it came out exactly as I'd hoped, I was going to stress it a little more with dings and worn stain, but just got lazy. Anyway, here it is. The Stinky stirrups worked wonderful, and I found these bases at a restaurant supply store in Green Bay ($1.20 each), basically they're the things that hold table numbers, but I just took the clip off and used the base to hold the Stinky stirrups and then also the match holders in back.

The whole shebang:

Closer view of the top. The two cups in the back are to hold larger farmer or stick matches, the one on the right for new matches and the left is for burned matches. The cup on the left screws on and off with a helicoil that I put into the top of the stand so that way you can simply unscrew it to empty it and then reinstall it in a few seconds.

The Stinky stirrups are for me, the best part of the stand, I love the two Stinky ashtrays I have and the stirrups work great. The ashtray simply slides out of the hole it sits in to be emptied.

Just a side shot and here you can see better the bases that hold the Stinky stirrups.

Just an inside shot of the drawer, very simple, just holds junk and accessories.
Dude! That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!!!!

Nice work!

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Outstanding job Wade! That's a fine piece of craftsmanship. Nice idea for the stirrup stands and match holders. Very creative thinking. Thanks for the photos. Between this and your humidor I getting the urge to start woodworking again. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see your next project.