What's new

Pretty pissed right now!

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Brand new laptop not had it two months yet and it dies! As in I took it to my I.T. buddies and some how it went from working fine then 2 hours later the driver, hardrive everthing dead! He said if I had anything I wanted on it to see if someone had lennox so any of you have a few grand worth of software lying around? If HP doesn't replace most fucking ricky-tick I may actually go postal on them!:cursing:

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Wow that's crazy. Sadly I've seen a lot of quality control issues with hardware lately. Did you buy it refurbished or anything? Even so, HP should replace it all for you with no questions asked.

If all else fails and you end up with a worthless piece of plastic, I'd be happy to take a look at it for you. I've got lots of extra software laying around and have restored a lot of "dead" hardware in the past

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i call bullisht! two hours out of the box and it is inoperable, unacceptable! they better flip that for you gratis. even then, you are out any travel time.

feel your pain man.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
When you say lennox do you mean Linux? How will a different OS help you out? I'd just slip the HD into a docking station and pull the data from another machine.

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah that's what I meant my guy works for energizer battery co. He said they hooked it up to everything they including putting the hardrive in other computers and wouldn't reconize anything operating system etc. He said linux would be the only other option. I don't know I'm just and avergae computer guy. I know just simple stuff.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's terrible. Take it from a guy that has lost plenty of hard drives, invest in a backup system. It absolutely takes the worry out of the system. I use Backblaze and Dropbox to cover all my stuff, but Carbonite is also really good.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
That's terrible. Take it from a guy that has lost plenty of hard drives, invest in a backup system. It absolutely takes the worry out of the system. I use Backblaze and Dropbox to cover all my stuff, but Carbonite is also really good.
+1 for Dropbox!!! :thumbsup:

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I just got off the phone with HP support there product might suck but the customer service was good. They walked me through the typical troubleshooting BS and the put me on the line with a supervisor and they are overnighting a box for it to be repaired and have it back in seven days and they are going to try to save the pictures my wife didn't back up. Sooo if this happens again I'm sending it back with a turd on top of it.

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
My family has sworn of HP products... With in the last couple years we have had quite a few faulty laptops and printers without hardly any helpful support from them. Hope your case ends up differently, sounds like it will because we usually just get the run-around from technician to supervisor and back on the phone.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Linux has some great recovery software that can access the hard drive at a low level. Windows cannot do it...

When I got pissed at my laptop for being so slow (5 minutes to open a window) I tapped it and sent the hard drive heads smashing into the platter....

Well windows, no longer recognized the hard drive.

I used the ubuntu recovery disk (forget the name at the moment) and was able to low level into the drive and copy the contents of two years worth of work....It was then that I found out by backups were not running...

Lesson learned....

Point is, if you have stuff on there that you MUST recover, do a bit of searching and reading. the information on how to is widely available.