What's new

Privada Cigar Club

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about trying out the Privada Cigar Club. I am not sure if I want to try the Farm Rolled for $20 a month or the Brian's Box for $28 a month or the Rare Cigar of the month box for $28 I am not sure which way I am leaning yet. Any members here ever tried them out and how did you like them?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I thought the farmed rolled was a really good value at 20. But the problem is, by the time you pay for shipping you are almost paying the same as smoke inn. The cigars are solid from Privada, I just there there is better value out there for the money. It is hard to beat smoke inn and cigar and pipes imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The rare box usually has good cigars too, and if you subscribe to both you only pay shipping once. But again, you are creeping up to similar prices as having a cigar and pipes and a smoke inn subscription. And only 7 cigars a month vs 10-11. Not to mention the quality of the 10-11 you get are as good or better than the Privada cigars on average if you ask me.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am a kind of grouchy old fart about stuff, but some of their hype creation is so over the top it just drives me away. Maybe I'm just not hipster enough and I get that, and their marketing likely isn't directed toward me as a consumer anyway.

This is an example of what I'm talking about. It's mind games IMO and I have zero interest In playing cigar games. The "You can buy the box with 2 cigars", but you have to scavenger hunt for the rest of the sampler? Nope, ain't a gonna do it. But I guess I can see the attraction to some, just not my cuppa. I will say their video is very well done.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The rare box usually has good cigars too, and if you subscribe to both you only pay shipping once. But again, you are creeping up to similar prices as having a cigar and pipes and a smoke inn subscription. And only 7 cigars a month vs 10-11. Not to mention the quality of the 10-11 you get are as good or better than the Privada cigars on average if you ask me.

+1 on the Smoke Inn subscription. Love mine.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
This is another example of what turns me off of PCC.

)1 Just because he contracts to have PCC logo put on Xicars cutters he acts like he should d be able to control the company somehow?

2) He doesn't like that Xicar tries to protect their product fron Copyright Infringement? So Xicar spends their money on R&D of a product (which he admits works very well) but doesn't like that everyone else can't steal their design? Come on bro!

3) And because Xicar doesn't bend a knee for this guy, he has to make a YouTube video trying to slam them. Can anyone say EGO POWER TRIP?

4)Then after saying how well Xicar cutters work, he begins digging with his fingernail to remove a small piece of the logo. If you don't want the logo to peel off, stop digging at it with a fingernail to remove it. I suspect they worked before the video to loosen the embossing so it would peel nice and easy for the video. But that is just a guess.

5) He states that he has had to return over 100 Xicar cutters due to a problem, but he never says what the problem was.

6)He determines Xicar doesn't take care of their employees because every 6 months he has a new sales rep? Maybe his reps were getting a more lucrative route or they were able to get a better job. But he deductions is they treat their employees like crap?

Anyway, you watch it and make up your own mind

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
He states that he has had to return over 100 Xicar cutters due to a problem, but he never says what the problem was.
He said the graphics are a "wrap" instead of printed, so the wrap peels off as you can see on both cutters. A wrap seems like a bad idea in the first place. Print won't peel off.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
He said the graphics are a "wrap" instead of printed, so the wrap peels off as you can see on both cutters. A wrap seems like a bad idea in the first place. Print won't peel off.
Ok, I can see that as a problem and legit complaint. But he went way beyond that in the video IMO. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. I don't know where they are located, but I'm sure there is a business that could put the PCC logo or whatever they wanted on plain Xicar cutters. Then they have a custom cutter to their desired instructions

Basically what he is saying is Xicar cutters are good, except for his custom designed ones because they peel, so don't buy PCC Xicar cutters. Check!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, I can see that as a problem and legit complaint. But he went way beyond that in the video IMO. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. I don't know where they are located, but I'm sure there is a business that could put the PCC logo or whatever they wanted on plain Xicar cutters. Then they have a custom cutter to their desired instructions

Basically what he is saying is Xicar cutters are good, except for his custom designed ones because they peel, so don't buy PCC Xicar cutters. Check!
He doesn't believe in patents or trademarks? So If I start selling my own Privada banded cigars, how long until he hits me with a cease and desist? Idiot.

Seems he should have paid for the screened on logos or known what he was buying.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
He doesn't believe in patents or trademarks? So If I start selling my own Privada banded cigars, how long until he hits me with a cease and desist? Idiot.

Seems he should have paid for the screened on logos or known what he was buying.
Yeah his thoughts on patents are pretty funny, and yes....anybody having custom made cutters from Xikar should have gotten a sample first and then moved forward with production imo.