What's new

Problem with humidor (Whynter CHC-251CC)

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I've had this for a little over a year (4 months out of warranty) and it just started acting up. I noticed the temperature reading on the panel was showing a lower temperature than the unit was set at. I have it set at 66, the panel is reading 59. The temperature probe is located about two inches above the internal heat sink. I believe that is working correctly, because if I blow air on it, the temperature quickly raises a few degrees and then lowers again to 59. I have unplugged it twice overnight to see if it would reset, to no avail. I emptied it this morning to inspect and clean the fans. The internal fan is running, but the heat sink is producing a fair bit of condensation. It was not dirty, but I blew it off with compressed air anyway. Took the back panel off and both of the external heat sink fans are running as well. They were a bit dirty, but in no way restricted. Another thing I have noticed is that the internal fan used to kick into high speed frequently and you could hear it running, it does not do that currently. Fan? Board? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similiar problem my fans are working but its not dispersing the heat so my readings are 75 cant seem to cool it down it worked well for a year but now it just seems like its failed

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Necrothread. This ended up being the board but the fan design had changed so it came as one unit. Luckily the total cost was around $30. A little assembly and everything is working perfectly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
generally it is but now it is summer in Australia so its very hot and the temp eep creeping up. Whynter or ambient stores who they recommend to buy parts will not deliver to Australia.
So it make things very difficult I am looking at purchasing a new wine cooler today, with holidays coming up need my humidor to work properly otherwise I could possibly loose thousands of dollars worth of cigars.
I have attached a link tell me your thoughts.
http://www.deluxeproducts.com.au/CyberCool-DP72C-Luxury-Mirror-Effect-Thermoelectric-Wine-Cooler---72-Bottle

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
generally it is but now it is summer in Australia so its very hot and the temp eep creeping up. Whynter or ambient stores who they recommend to buy parts will not deliver to Australia.
So it make things very difficult I am looking at purchasing a new wine cooler today, with holidays coming up need my humidor to work properly otherwise I could possibly loose thousands of dollars worth of cigars.
I have attached a link tell me your thoughts.
http://www.deluxeproducts.com.au/CyberCool-DP72C-Luxury-Mirror-Effect-Thermoelectric-Wine-Cooler---72-Bottle
If getting parts has been a problem in the past. I would focus on a local big box store that offers an extended warranty/replacement option. Cheap piece of mind when it becomes their problem to repair the unit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree hence the reason I sent the link for the new thermoelectric humidor.
Only thing is sales centre can tell me what type of humidity control it has but this shouldn't matter If I am using beads is this correct any feedback would be most appreciated.
Also the temp gauge is 12c to 18c this should suffice ?

Last edited:

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Necrothread. This ended up being the board but the fan design had changed so it came as one unit. Luckily the total cost was around $30. A little assembly and everything is working perfectly.
I'm having the exact same issue with mine. Did you just contact whynter for the parts?

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Sorry I just saw this. Yes I did. And it went out again just recently. Don't think I'll be repairing it this time. I'll just leave it unplugged.