What's new

Project Carbon Travel Cases

iam6884

Layne
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I really want to get a travel humidor that also holds all the necessary accessories instead of lugging around my hard plastic humidor and then having all my other crap to deal with. These https://projectcarbon.us/ are quite pricey but would seem to do the job. My only concern is how well, if at all something like that would hold humidity over a few day period. Anyone have any first hand experience? And, if you know of a much cheaper setup that accommodates what I'm looking for, please weight in. Cheers.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Is that a travel humidor though? Will it even seal to maintain RH?

If I'm taking the 4-5 cigars this thing holds I just use my 10ct travel case and keep room for the lighter and cutter, of just

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Rebranded Chinese items

Probably garbage ass quality

Save your money and go a cheaper route

Their inflated prices are due to instagram hype

hard pass yuherd

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Wow! $200 for that?
It looks like a soft side case with a "carbon fiber" finish.
I'm sure there are many, better options out there.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Get the case from harbor freight. It has a moisture seal, and you can tear out the squares you want to fit your accessories.
He beat me to it, check out the apache line of cases from harbor freight. The smallest one can be had for 10 on sale or 15 normally, it has pick a part foam, if you pull all but an edge around the sides out it will hold about 20 toros, but like wes said, if you only need space for a few sticks your accessories could have dedicated spots. One other thing it there is a thin piece of not pick apart foam in the bottom that if you freehand cut out is the thickness of a 60gram boveda

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's what I do now but I guess I'm a little OCD about not knocking my sticks around. I've opened

You the man! This definitely sounds like the best way to go.
It wont fit churchill's though not long enough with leaving a "ring" of foam around the edges. They carry 4 sizes, so going up one size might be for you. They technically have a 5th size but it's a long gun case lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to echo what has already been said... That's a heft price tag. I just had a new setup completed link. The case was $12.99 at Harbor Freight and the tray could probably be made for $50 bucks (I had a friend design it and he cut it out of scrap, so that's a guess).