What's new

Proposal

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I found the woman of my life, 2 years ago. Since then we have been trying to search enough resources ($$$) to get married and form our family but that hasn't been possible. For that reason, we decided to keep praying about it and me working my ass off to see what I could do.

I'm currently attending an internship at DC, on hopes of finding a job so I can get married with my future wife and study. Only possible if I get a work visa and she does too or if I get a student visa and she also works. Most possibilities have been weighted and things are getting a bit clearer now...YET, there's one thing basic I was missing:

The Ring! The One Ring!

(Better picture coming later)
Pearl shaped, three-stone set. The pearl is 0.50ct got it from a gemologist friend, very dear and close to me, who got me the best ring he could for the budget I had (small budget...not a lot of money sadly :( )

Finally! Got to buy it here in the US and I plan on proposing when I get back to the DR on December. Now, how should I propose? Come on geniuses! Help me think!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Do it by you. I thought for months how to go about it and I realized I did it how she had dreamed of.

This will be a nerving time trust me but just breath and do it the way she wants nothing else.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
First, Congratulations!

One suggestion is to get creative with an activity or item she enjoys that would give her a nice story to tell afterwards. You know her best so you probably already know the best way that she would want, throw in some of your own personality that she loves and your good to go.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Major congrats Abe!

No suggesstions on how to actually propose from me... I was the idiot that proposed to my wife in a bar lol... it all worked out in the end.. but I could have (should have)..done much better...

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
Congrats! Only advice I can give you is that.... Everyone will have a way to propose but few to none know your wife the way you do. You have followed your heart this far now let it guide you to the way of a proposal that's fitting for you both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Congrats brother!

Think of something that either she loves to do or both of you together and then figure out how to work the proposal into that. I had a good time planning mine and it came out pretty awesome, have it on video and in pictures.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Man!

I to just got engaged and plan to be married NOV 30th 2013.

Believe it or not I proposed to my now Fiancee in our local B&M while she was working up there. It was right in the middle of a Gurkha event with all of our friends and family around. I have it on video and may post a link to it one day. lol

Never the less its not about how you do it or where you do it.... Just as long as she knows its from the heart everything will be perfect!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Congrats, Abe!! May the two of you know a lifetime of happiness together!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Thanks guys! I knew after posting that this was going to be hard since I'm the one who knows her...so, I think I can share a little bit of her see creativity flowing! I have none...that's why I ask for help hehe. Would that be better?

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Thanks guys! I knew after posting that this was going to be hard since I'm the one who knows her...so, I think I can share a little bit of her see creativity flowing! I have none...that's why I ask for help hehe. Would that be better?

Sure, it wouldn't hurt

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I stuck my wife's engagement ring in a bag of cat treats.

After I cooked our favorite meal, we were sitting in the floor watching a movie. The cats came up to us, as they always do when we're in the floor, and I handed her the treat bag.

She reached in and... Boom. Been together for over 8 years, and married for 5 of those this October.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Maybe I'm old now and got ol fashioned in my late years but nothing beats getting down on a knee in front of friends and loved ones if possible. It's something everyone there will remember and appreciate. Bottom line is do what you feel is right in your heart and let it guide your proposal process. Congrats for making the big move!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I stuck my wife's engagement ring in a bag of cat treats.

After I cooked our favorite meal, we were sitting in the floor watching a movie. The cats came up to us, as they always do when we're in the floor, and I handed her the treat bag.

She reached in and... Boom. Been together for over 8 years, and married for 5 of those this October.
HAHAHA, so funny...I wouldn't do that, but you sir, have my respect.