What's new

Proud Papa Here

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Abruptly last week the wife and I had to rush to Twentynine Palms to celebrate with our son (some of you on here may remember his first deployment) his being selected to become a USMC Drill Instructor! He was selected and notified in what was a whirlwind selection process; from nomination by his command, to going before the board, to being selected, was done in less than three weeks.

Having served three tours in Afghanistan and being a Marine Corps Martial Arts Instructor it could not have happened to a more deserving Marine. We spent some time sipping some aged Brandy and partaking in a couple of nice cigars. What lasting memories we created and I am thankful to God for the man that our son has become.

Just had to share.

Semper Fidelis!

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
that is a big feat, I hope I can be as proud of my future children as you can. congratulations to you and your son

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congratulations! This speaks volumes to what kind of man you raised. You should be proud, for your children are a reflection of you. Everyday I hope I did good in the eyes of my father and I hope I am raising my son in the same. Congrats again!

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Much respect for all of you. What a great accomplishment for him and what an attribute to his raising. Praying for him and all the generations of Hero's he will have a part of making. Freedom is never free because of the sacrifice made by the brave.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Much respect for all of you. What a great accomplishment for him and what an attribute to his raising. Praying for him and all the generations of Hero's he will have a part of making. Freedom is never free because of the sacrifice made by the brave.
This is the Truth!! Amen!!!

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
You are blessed to have the ability to reflect on you and your son's time spent together and what it means to have such a selfless son. Thank you for sharing and your boy for keeping us safe.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Congrats brother. This definitely sounds like the type of moment every man hopes to have with their child(ren). I hope you both nothing best the best and pray for many more of these memories.