What's new

PS4 anticipated to be announced 2/20

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I'm sure I'll end up with one or two of these eventually but I've never understood the need to camp out and be the first one to have it. Let them figure out the bugs first, release a halfway decent lineup of games and be well stocked in parts and accessories so I can stroll in to the local bestbuy and get everything I need and I'll be good to go.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'll stick with my PS3 for at least 2 more years, probably 3. Once a new-new version of the PS4 comes out (and is cheaper) I'll jump on board.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I'm sure I'll end up with one or two of these eventually but I've never understood the need to camp out and be the first one to have it. Let them figure out the bugs first, release a halfway decent lineup of games and be well stocked in parts and accessories so I can stroll in to the local bestbuy and get everything I need and I'll be good to go.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, illustrates the difference between Americans and Canadians...

Silly Canucks!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
And that, ladies and gentlemen, illustrates the difference between Americans and Canadians...

Silly Canucks!
I'll also wait until it comes down to a price where I can afford to buy it and pay cash, as opposed to putting it on one of my 17 credit cards - also illustrating a difference between Americans and Canadians

;)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
What about us Canadians that live in the US? What are we supposed to do?

I will be buying the PS4 (for me, not my kids but I might let them play) when I feel like it. That's my story.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my gaming days are over :( but i would pick one up just cause i always have to have the latest and greatest and super blu-ray comes out

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I just bought a new slim ps3 last winter after my old fat 40gb ps3 died on me. I had it for around 4-5 years, so I can't complain. Probably won't upgrade until 2-3 years from now anyway. The ps3 is still far from obsolete.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Depending what the next Xbox is, and/or the "mystery system" I keep hearing about... I may end up switching to PS after they've worked out some bugs and dropped the price.

Looking forward to what the future brings.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
So I will be getting one of these next gen systems eventually, but probably will not make the decision until I know about all the other next gen systems and of course depending on the price.

I have not been keeping up with this stuff though, what is this "mystery system" you speak of?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Lol so after trying to make this into a new partagas cc... I play mortal on ps3 Id have to see what the differences are. I'm sure ill get one and move the ps3 to the rec room or something like that. My kids also prefer the Xbox not sure why. Probably because Live costs money and kids have a primal instinct to want what costs and not what's free lol.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So I will be getting one of these next gen systems eventually, but probably will not make the decision until I know about all the other next gen systems and of course depending on the price.

I have not been keeping up with this stuff though, what is this "mystery system" you speak of?
There is supposedly some entirely new system coming out. Not xbox. Not playstation. Not Nintendo.
Rumors were circulating that its a basically a computer that's been formatted to counsel play, and would then offer significantly better performance than anything we have now.
But there is virtually zero concrete evidence out to prove such a system is in the works. Just a lot of rumors.

That said, if its true... I will be all over it, especially if the performance is where they say it will be.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm just hope they make some form of backwards capable PS4. Would be such a waste not to!
I'd probably be in for a ps4. New system new problems! Plus a zero game library to start... Seems like it would be years to be comparable. Just my .02.