What's new

Psd#4 - Abr 04

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PSD#4 - ABR 04

DISCLAIMER: I may be a little biased in this review because the PSD#4 was a) the first cuban cigar I ever smoked and b) a very big favorite of mine.

Now that that's out of the way..

All I've ever read on the boards is that SD#4's go through a sick period within their first year. I've NEVER had a "sick" PSD#4 in my years of smoking cuban cigars.

This particular cigar from ABR 04 was a picture perfect example of what a PSD#4 should be. Great triple cap, firm to the touch, no soft spots, and a very impressive draw; just firm enough to get a good amount of air flowing through it. It was in my humi at 63%RH for about 5 months since I received it in a box pass .

Upon lighting the cigar, I was instantly met with what us partagas whores call that "sweet partagas spice". An exhale through the nostrils on the first draw confirmed that this bad boy was in perfect smoking condition.

First third of the cigar burned like a champ. Awesome draw, leathery, spicy flavors on each puff of the cigar. No corrections at all.

The second third found the spicy notes becoming more pronounced and a slightly nutty undertone became present. Again, the burn and draw were superb throughout. Exhaling through the nostrils and having a drink of water only helped the smoking experience by letting my palatte pick up every ounce of flavor in every single puff.

The last third, well, the cigar never had a chance. I nubbed it to the bone and the finish was with me long after I got home about an hour later. The sweet spice, leathery, nutty profile was incredible.

This, IMO, was a champion example of a PSD#4. Now, it wasn't a "54 year aged, custom rolled, etc, etc..lol; it was a great, rich, full bodied smoking experience that I recommend to everyone.

:smt066

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it was good. When these are on they are at the top of the heap for cuban robustos.

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have found that these sticks do not enter the sick period that so many refer to prior to the first 4-5 months or so. Within these first few months from the production date, there is that wonderful Partagas twang and in your face taste.
In my experience and some of the BOTLs I associate with, after this the cigars go bland and one dimentional for an extended period of time.
Disclaimer - everyones taste and experience may differ.
I am glad that you were able to enjoy the cigar you smoked and that is really all that matters.

Coppertop

Hi Ya Fellas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bruce5 said:
I have found that these sticks do not enter the sick period that so many refer to prior to the first 4-5 months or so. Within these first few months from the production date, there is that wonderful Partagas twang and in your face taste.
In my experience and some of the BOTLs I associate with, after this the cigars go bland and one dimentional for an extended period of time.
Disclaimer - everyones taste and experience may differ.
I am glad that you were able to enjoy the cigar you smoked and that is really all that matters.

Bruce I have encountered that very thing with my PSD4s. They are still good, just not as complex and spicey like when they are young.

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
1922 - i recently had one from a box that was dated Oct 04. it tasted very similar to my firsts when i was in germany, which those are still my favorite cigars of all time.
i hear about a sick period as well, but have never experienced it either.