What's new

Psd4

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I was sitting on the back porch this evening having a PSD4 from JUN 06. The cigar was so good it got me thinking. There is no cigar I could buy in a US smoke shop for $7.25 that I would enjoy anywhere near as much as I did that PSD4. I never thought of it that way and was honestly surprised. Damn it was good!:flying:

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I was sitting on the back porch this evening having a PSD4 from JUN 06. The cigar was so good it got me thinking. There is no cigar I could buy in a US smoke shop for $7.25 that I would enjoy anywhere near as much as I did that PSD4. I never thought of it that way and was honestly surprised. Damn it was good!:flying:

:smokingbo :smokingbo :smokingbo

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm currently sitting on the back deck smoking a $13 cigar that I am positive no similarly priced cigar from my local b&m could come close to matching.

There are a lot of good NCs out there, but they're generally more expensive--and sometimes harder to get--than most typical CCs.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Funny thing is, I find there are 2 misconceptions that people not in the know have about cc's in general. One is that they are very very expensive. There are some that are very very expensive, but the regular lines are very reasonably priced. Second is you're just smoking em for the prestige or the outward appearance of it. Man, how wrong could they be on that one. :devilhead

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I agree with you on those 2 misconceptions Irritech. It's funny how you will see a guy smoking upper end NC's that cost more than CC's and won't consider buying CC's because they are so expensive.:bouncetau

BTW: The PSD4 is my favorite robusto:smile:

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Second is you're just smoking em for the prestige or the outward appearance of it.
I only smoke them cause it makes me look cool! Then when I go inside and close the blinds I light up a grape white owl. mmmm
:smokingme
You are totally right in your assumptions, tho.

TYLEr

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Those Cabiguan sticks are close.
Maybe, Steve, but once again we run into the old argument about value. As usual, I contend that NC's just cannot compete with CC's in terms of value for dollars spent. The Cabaiguan Robustos run ~$190, whereas a PSD4 with a few years of age will run ~$185. (I did not do an exhaustive search and just grabbed a couple of quick prices.) Those two are reasonably close so the disparity is not so pronounced. I just got the new Holt's catalogue and there are some great examples there. The Tatuaje J21 Reserva is running about $241. Let me see - J21 or PSD4? The choice is $60 less for a better cigar. Even when I really like an NC such as some of the Hemingways or Padron Anniversarios, there are often artificial restrictions from the manufacturer to the vendor. The price is kept ridiculously high due to artificial market constraints and the vendors play along by limiting your purchase under the auspices of "getting a few to everyone". Holt's limits you to a 5-pack of 1964's as I write this. The discerning buyer has no problem finding a full box of "better" cigars at far lower prices. . .:peace:

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Maybe, Steve, but once again we run into the old argument about value. As usual, I contend that NC's just cannot compete with CC's in terms of value for dollars spent. The Cabaiguan Robustos run ~$190, whereas a PSD4 with a few years of age will run ~$185. (I did not do an exhaustive search and just grabbed a couple of quick prices.) Those two are reasonably close so the disparity is not so pronounced. I just got the new Holt's catalogue and there are some great examples there. The Tatuaje J21 Reserva is running about $241. Let me see - J21 or PSD4? The choice is $60 less for a better cigar. Even when I really like an NC such as some of the Hemingways or Padron Anniversarios, there are often artificial restrictions from the manufacturer to the vendor. The price is kept ridiculously high due to artificial market constraints and the vendors play along by limiting your purchase under the auspices of "getting a few to everyone". Holt's limits you to a 5-pack of 1964's as I write this. The discerning buyer has no problem finding a full box of "better" cigars at far lower prices. . .:peace:
Couldn't agree more!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I've never had one, but from all the hype I'm reviews I'm seeing here, it may be time to find 1 or 2 for the humi. Just to be clear..am I looking for a domestic purchase, or international?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Good cigars.

These are excellent fresh. You either have to smoke them fresh or with atleast a few years age on them.

These cigars suffer a very bad sick period in between that.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Good cigars.

These are excellent fresh. You either have to smoke them fresh or with atleast a few years age on them.

These cigars suffer a very bad sick period in between that.
Not always, although they do seem to suffer from the sickness more than most. 24 - 36 months old and they are fine, or so I have heard. . .:smile:

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'll admit I enjoy the Partagas Serie D No. 4, but I'm starting to wonder how much of this the love of these is caused by the "Forbidden Fruit" nature of the cigar.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'll admit I enjoy the Partagas Serie D No. 4, but I'm starting to wonder how much of this the love of these is caused by the "Forbidden Fruit" nature of the cigar.
not trying to sound like a smart ass here but if you can't separate the flavors form the mystique then maybe that is the case.

try an experiment. smoke a blind sampler of 2 unbanded sticks....one a CC and the other NC and let us know whether you still think it's the mystique :grin:

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
are o6 considered fresh or with age on them????? I would think age but what do I know???,,,,,,,,,,,,,:eyebrow: