What's new

Psyko Seven (Natural) Robusto

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
First thoughts-
Interesting looking smoke, with a large, busy band.. very eye catching. After removing the band, the wrapper is a delicious golden brown color, with just a few small veins. Construction seems very good, as it's a nice an solid stick. Only a small soft spot towards the middle..

Pre light-
The draw is a bit loose, not LOOSE, but very "free flowing" if you get my drift.. So I tend to go for a punch with these. The pre light draw gives off a nice nutty, woodsy kinda note, with a hint of spice, and that barnyard hay that comes with most natural wrapped (imo)

1st third-
It lights up with no problems.. takes a cherry nicely, and the burn is even. Out of a 5er, all were spot on, with no need for a touch up..
Initial flavors are of mild, earthy spice, and a woodsy note.. cant tell if it's cedar or oak.. but it mellows out within the first inch, and the spice lulls into a bit of a punctuation to the rest of the flavors.. Earthy, wood and (peanuts?), with a hint of red pepper and some creaminess to the finish..

2nd third-
As it burns along, the flavors intensify, as does the body. Starting a touch above the mild stage imo, it's now stepping up to a solid med body. The nicotine is starting to be noticed, as I just got a hiccup.. lol.. The earthy notes have given way to more cedar and what I feel tastes like cashews.. a bit of a buttery peanut kinda flavor. quite nice, regardless of how buttery sounds for a cigar.. The pepper has continued to die down on the draw and retro, while still present on the finish, although only slightly.. The creaminess is really what's beginning to show it's head, taking turns as the main during this leg of the smoke..

final third-
The strength/body continues to ramp up, as it's getting close to the top end of Med at this point. Not strong, by far. but you'll def know it's there! The flavors are much the same as the second, with the pepper dropping off a bit more, and the nutty sweet tobacco flavors becoming the main. A bit of bitterness has started to step into the picture, getting stronger and stronger as the cigar burns down.. Not a deal breaker, but a noticeable bitterness that I believe could be remedied by a little age.. I end up running out of time (on lunch break), letting it die out with a little over an inch to go..

Final thoughts-
While these aren't my favorite, they def have a home in my humi for a fantastic morning/mid-day smoke.. The lighter body and complex nutty sweet flavors are very nice, even if full bodied maduro is my "go-to" After receiving one from a fellow BOTL, I picked up a 5er which has only lasted a few months, so I can def say that they are worth a try! If you're a fan of a nice, complex med bodied smoke. Go for it!
Next step, Psyko Seven MADURO!

Ventura Cigar

Retailer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome review! Thanks for sharing. Based on your tasting notes, you should definitely check out the Archetype Sage Advice and Axis Mundi- a little bird tells me that it should hit your sweet spot :)

PM us your address and we'll get your swag pack headed out!