PToM - August 2014; Pipe Tobacco of the Month Poll

PToM - August 2014; Pipe Tobacco of the Month Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Cast your vote for the August Pipe Tobacco of the Month:
(vote above - in Tapatalk, go to Menu and choose Web View)

Aro: Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Bulk Sweet Maple Twist (rope)

VA: Samuel Gawith Brown No. 4 Kendal Twist (rope)

Lat / English: G.L. Pease Key Largo (cigar leaf, broken flake) - WINNER - Please post your reviews HERE

Perique / VA/Per: G.L. Pease Triple Play (dark fired, plug)

Burley / VA/Bur: G.L. Pease Jackknife Plug (dark fired, plug)

Cav: Cornell & Diehl Habana Daydream (cigar leaf, ribbon cut)

(multiple choice poll)

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
FYI Though the maple twist is listed as an aro, to me it doesn't tast like one, more of an aura of sweetness
Yeah, and the couple sites I looked at had it listed as a "non-aro" but they also said it had a light maple flavor added. Not sure what makes an "aromatic" if it's not adding flavoring outside the actual tobacco itself.
I figured it was good enough for me! :)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
voted! good blends to choose from this month...
I totally agree, I feel like we may see some of these again
I am starting my own document with pipe baccys to try. I figure that each of these are worthwhile trying else they wouldn't have been offered up as choices. Damn, this is gonna get expensive, fast!

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I am starting my own document with pipe baccys to try. I figure that each of these are worthwhile trying else they wouldn't have been offered up as choices. Damn, this is gonna get expensive, fast!
Just watch the pipe baccy maw thread, or do a trade with one of us.....you never know sometimes things just show up in your mailbox

I have a similar list.... Usually make additions when I read bout something interesting here or in the daily smoke thread then read tobaccoreviews

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Just watch the pipe baccy maw thread, or do a trade with one of us.....you never know sometimes things just show up in your mailbox

I have a similar list.... Usually make additions when I read bout something interesting here or in the daily smoke thread then read tobaccoreviews
Oh yeah, I am also making notes of what others say that they'd like to try and will do some trades. Right now my "cellar" consists of three tobaccos so I'll build it up first. But, yeah, trades are great.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
FYI Though the maple twist is listed as an aro, to me it doesn't tast like one, more of an aura of sweetness
Yeah I hope that didn't come across wrong, certainly no criticism, more so info for voters
Oh no, not at all, and I completely agree. I think many many of us might get turned off when we hear "aromatic" coming from cigars where many shy away from "infused", but it's a completely different ball game IMHO.
So, to the explanation that it's subtle flavoring is great! Would hate for someone to write it off thinking it's like lighting up a piece of maple sugar candy. (especially after the Molto Dulce last month :))

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Yeah this stuff is stout, but I bet the Samuel gawith is similar minus the flavoring, g&h basically takes their standard brown rope and adds some maple..... They've got a few others also

Last edited:

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Haven't tried any of these. The rope seems really interesting as I have never tried any rope tobacco. At any rate, looking forward to actually participating this month! Thanks for putting this together Clint!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
We've got a tie between GLP Key Largo (cigar leaf blend) and GLP Jackknife Plug (dark fired VA/Bur)
I need one vote as a tie breaker from the first person who "pipes" up with a comment here that didn't vote for either of them (or vote at all)
You make the call!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
We've got a tie between GLP Key Largo (cigar leaf blend) and GLP Jackknife Plug (dark fired VA/Bur)
I need one vote as a tie breaker from the first person who "pipes" up with a comment here that didn't vote for either of them (or vote at all)
You make the call!
I voted maple twist. So I'm switching that to the Key Largo. Unless someone would like to oppose 😈