PToM - September 2014; Pipe Tobacco of the Month Poll

PToM - September 2014; Pipe Tobacco of the Month Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Cast your vote for the September Pipe Tobacco of the Month:
(vote above - in Tapatalk, go to Menu and choose Web View)

Aro: Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. - Sweet Maple Twist (Rope: Virginia w/ light maple flavor)

VA: Samuel Gawith - Full Virginia Flake (Flake: Virginia)

Lat / English: Mac Baren - HH Latakia Flake (Flake: Burley, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia)

Perique / VA/Per: Robert McConnell - Scottish Cake (Ready Rubbed: Kentucky, Perique, Virginia)

Burley / VA/Bur: Cornell & Diehl - Exhausted Rooster (Broken Flake: Burley, Virginia w/ a touch of Perique)

Cav: Peter Stokkebye - Luxury Bullseye Flake (Curly Cut: Virginia, Perique w/ a Cavendish core) WINNER! The review thread is HERE

(multiple choice poll)

Last edited:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
thanks once again for throwing the party, clint! also, i totally am going to still do last months, it's just eight bowls through and it keeps... confounding me is i guess the best word?

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm with you on it. I never really got a great burn on it, and the dotted at the end surprised me since it didn't seem to smoke wet. All the reviews I read spoke to a creamy texture and flavor, but I just never found it.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I still need to post up my thoughts on the last TWO months, but I think I want to give each another bowl or two as a refresher. No matter. It's still great to have the review threads there, even if only one or two people chime in, right?!
That being said, everyone is always welcome to go add their thoughts to existing review threads. They'll do much better as a living growing entity.
Sean, has anyone ever discussed creating a "Reviews" subfolder in the pipe section? (or does it even pay with the pending forum upgrade?)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i think there needs to be more of us actually putting it out there, but i think a pipe reviews section wouldn't suck.aybe nudge a couple few of us, even. o)

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Looks like PS LBF. A staple in my cellar. The three guys I'm sending boxes out to tomorrow will all get it t sample. Enjoy:tonguerol

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
The only one I didn't have was the Robert McConnell
Add that one to your list ASAP. That's iconic
I will, haven't ever had anything from that blender, and I think the one experience I've had with a "Scottish" mixture was macbaren which bit the hell outta me though I'm realizing it was more macbaren than the Scottish

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
The only one I didn't have was the Robert McConnell
Add that one to your list ASAP. That's iconic
I will, haven't ever had anything from that blender, and I think the one experience I've had with a "Scottish" mixture was macbaren which bit the hell outta me though I'm realizing it was more macbaren than the Scottish
IIRC his stuff is made by germaine? cannot swear to that, but i think i have heard that somewhere...

his "pure caribe" is interesting. a blend featuring cigar leaf, ostensibly cuban. not bad, worth a try, but i think i prefer my cigars intact at this point.