What's new

Pulled Shoulder

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Yeah, it pretty sweat. I love it. Comes in real handy during football season and we have parties for night games...OSU Buckeyes of course. Lite the firepits, wings, keg o beer, Buckeyes on the HD projection screen...it's livin.

The grill is nothin special. Sure it's stainless, in keeping witht the other outdoor devices, but's also gas fired. I'm looking to upgrade to a sweet stainless charcoal. There's nothin like a big fat 2" thick NY strip seasoned perfectly and cooked over charcoal. Gas fired just doesnt' give you that flavor.
No gas doesn't but I also live in the North East and gas is the way to go. Plus with the kids I don't have 30 min to let the coals settle to cook food has to be on the grill in about 10 min or less.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Here's that shoulder after an overniter in the smoker. 8 hours down, about 8 more to go. Internal temp is at 156.

And the other pic is where it all goes down...inside the box. The thing to the right is my outdoor deep fryer. I can do almost 10 dozen wings in that sucker. But better than that, it's gots 3 baskets so i can do one big basket with 5 dozen wings, and 2 small baskets with fries, onino rings, mushrooms, whatever...

O man that looks good, What time is dinner, I'll be there after work....
Great job...

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Keep us updated. I too have always wanted to purchase a smoker. Gotta love good meat smoked to perfection.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
No gas doesn't but I also live in the North East and gas is the way to go. Plus with the kids I don't have 30 min to let the coals settle to cook food has to be on the grill in about 10 min or less.
That's exactly why i'll keep the gas for those quick dinners and use the chracoal mostly on the weekends...when i've got time for a few beers while the bar-b is heating up.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
We're now somewhere around the 12 or 13 hour mark. Internal temp has reached that 155-160 plateau. It'll hold there for another hour or so and then rise to 190-200. That's when all that internal fat and cartiledge turns to gelatin making it fall apart like it should. It'll also get real dark on the outside. We call that bark. MMMMM. Can't wait.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
OK, all finished with this one.

A few last pics...

After 17 hours, bark to perfection. And still moist on the inside.
A bone that just came right out.
The meat broke in two after that bone got pulled.
A pile of meat with a bone to boot
A Tennessee samich all readyh for eatin
A Tennessee samich gone

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Hell ya it did. Nice work. With all the fixins, mac and cheese, coleslaw can't go wrong. Now I want some BBQ.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Only thing missin was my signature baked beans...didn't feel like makin em today.

However, what i had was good...all home made.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
He wont be so happy after i beat him which comes after he yacks up the bone on about 8 hours. Happens everytime...he can't keep bones down. Yaks em up, and then i get mad. I reallyh don't beat him though.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
He wont be so happy after i beat him which comes after he yacks up the bone on about 8 hours. Happens everytime...he can't keep bones down. Yaks em up, and then i get mad. I reallyh don't beat him though.
Poor dog :sadpace:

My dog can't handle pork bones either. The only bones that I'll give him are beef rib bones.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
He can't handle ANY bones...pork, beef or otherwise. It's a terrible shame when we throw away TBones, but he just can't handle them. He's gettin this one though. He's been a good boy and it's finally nice enough here in Ohio that he can stay outside all day tomorrow. He gets it in the morning, so he's got all day to yak it up.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
So he got the bones yesterday morning, and was outside all day til 9 pm.

So i wakes up this mroning, goes downstairs only to sees about 9 little piles of puke and crushed up bone. Damn dog!!!

Fortunately for me, and unfortunatley for the wife, i had to be at work a littel early so she got to clean up all the little brown spots on the carpet.

I refrained but beating the living shit out of him. i knew it was going to happen. I had high hopes for him though. My own fault.