What's new

Pumpkin Ale

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I had a little get together last Friday to celebrate the Equinox (any excuse, right).
One of my friends brought over some Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale.
It's a pumpkin and spice added ale. Luckily, it's a very subtle taste and doesn't taste like a beer + pumpkin pie like I was worried about.
I didn't like the first taste, but it's growing on me. It's made under contract by Pyramid Brewing (which I'm a big fan of).
Anybody else have some interesting autumn brews?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'm not a huge fan of them. They tend to not taste like pumpkin but all the spices associated with say pumpkin bread. With that said, I have to try them every season....not sure why, but I have to.

I've recently found that the Dogfish Head Punk, is like the one you described above. Good malt flavor up front, but a nice background of pumpkin and spice.

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I was very worried that it would taste just like you described: pumpkin bread.
But it's actually not bad, not my favorite seasonal but alright.
I'm the same way about seasonals, no matter how weird they sound I have to try them every year.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I'm not a huge fan of them. They tend to not taste like pumpkin but all the spices associated with say pumpkin bread. With that said, I have to try them every season....not sure why, but I have to.

I've recently found that the Dogfish Head Punk, is like the one you described above. Good malt flavor up front, but a nice background of pumpkin and spice.
Gonna try that Punkin' Ale tomorrow :thumbsup:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Hop & Wine Beverage Lorton, VA 703-550-2010
Northern VA and Washington, DC.

Wendell Distributors Sales Dept. Cape Charles, VA 757-331-2472
Eastern shore.

Specialty Imports Sales Dept. Richmond, VA 804-233-9801

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Those are distributors, if you call them, they should be able to tell you the local stores that carry it

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always have to go to a local spot (Broad Ripple Brew Pub) this time of year to get at least one of their Pumpkin Ales. I am not much of a fruit beer fan, but one of these does hit the spot this time of year. Just a hint of pumpkin pie type flavor but not overly sweet.

dre

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a brewery called steamworks in gastown in vancouver. they make a pumpkin ale. its realy good, very much like pumkin pie actualy. lots of cinamon and clove flavors. its nice for a glass but i couldnt drink much more.
seasonal beers are alot of fun

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Shipyard makes a decent Pumpkin Ale. This time of year my taste turns to Barley Wines and Holiday brews like Breckinridge Christmans, Anchor "Our Special Ale" and my all time favorite barley wine "Big Foot". Real Ale makes a great barley wine called Syssiphus.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I had a Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale last night. It was good, just not my type of beer.