What's new

Punch Brand

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey BOTL - I dont know if you guys are as bothered as I am, but the Punch sticks are one of the most underrated in my opinion, and the way they are going is looking like they are going to get less and less releases whilst the other emerging brands like Trinidad, El Reys, Cuaba are growing year by year.
The Petit Punch has sold out locally with a huge demand lately for them? I don't know if anyone knows much about this brand or if Habanos are decreasing the range for a reason?
I personally love the Punch cigars that have been released as of late and the 2013 Serie d'Oro No.2 was perfection in my eyes this last summer!

Let me know what you guys think about Punch as it'd be great to know anything you lot know about them.

All the best.
Alex

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I'm a big fan of many of the Punch REs, especially the Superfinos and Descubidores. I've only smoked one of the Serie d'Oros, but enjoyed that as well.

That being said, I really don't buy a lot of regular production Punch. I like the Punch Punch, but several other marcas make a cigar in that size that I prefer to the Punch. Same to be said for the PCs and Churchills. I do like the Petit Punch, but like you, have trouble finding them available often.

As far as Trinidads and Cuabas growing year after year, I can't agree with that, seems they have taken even more hits to the lines than Punch has.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Agree exactly with Tom above... :)

Seems a handful of the marcas are going the way of Regional Editions. :(

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing that comes from this is like you said, REs.. But the brand needs more support, which can only happen if they churn out some nice sticks. I find myself looking for aged Punch sticks and know theres a shop not too far from me that can get hold of some from '99. I suppose the brand will never be one of the big boys but I just had to see if any other guys had noticed the decline in a great brand?
Alex

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The 2000s saw the discontinuation of the Ninfa, both Super Selections, both Royal Selections, the Petit Punch and the Black Prince. That leaves the Punch Punch as only current, non RE or EL Punch I would consider for a box purchase. Backs up Ryan's point that some marcas are almost strictly RE now.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Never a big Punch fan. Only have the D'oro UK Piramide. Like them because they are very different from most other Punch cigars I've had. Even 98 SS#2s didn't do it for me. Traded them away.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
IIRC, Punch changed some of their blends ~2000 or so. The old Punch Punch and Black Prince, up to ~1998, were excellent and available in quantity until ~2008/9. I have not cared for any of their recent blends. If you ever find some 1997 Punch Punch or Black Prince, take a chance on them. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed
The 2000s saw the discontinuation of the Ninfa, both Super Selections, both Royal Selections, the Petit Punch and the Black Prince. That leaves the Punch Punch as only current, non RE or EL Punch I would consider for a box purchase. Backs up Ryan's point that some marcas are almost strictly RE now.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey BOTL - I dont know if you guys are as bothered as I am, but the Punch sticks are one of the most underrated in my opinion, and the way they are going is looking like they are going to get less and less releases whilst the other emerging brands like Trinidad, El Reys, Cuaba are growing year by year.
The Petit Punch has sold out locally with a huge demand lately for them? I don't know if anyone knows much about this brand or if Habanos are decreasing the range for a reason?
I personally love the Punch cigars that have been released as of late and the 2013 Serie d'Oro No.2 was perfection in my eyes this last summer!

Let me know what you guys think about Punch as it'd be great to know anything you lot know about them.

All the best.
Alex

I picked up a box of the 2013 d'Oro last night from a trusted source, he feels like you do on them! I'm excited!

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Anyone here smoking any of the recent (2012/2013) Punch Punch or DC's

Word on the street is that they are the best in years

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I got a cab of Punch Punch, GUT Sep 13... definitely good. :) But I admit, I never was a regular production Punch kinda guy so I can't really compare.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0

All the best.
Alex

I picked up a box of the 2013 d'Oro last night from a trusted source, he feels like you do on them! I'm excited!
damnit, I had a chance to pick up a box and i skipped on it.