What's new

Punch Monarcas Tubo 1998

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Punch Monarcas Tubo -1998 (Thanks Sam A)

Construction/Appearance- Very stichy veiny cigar. It has a uniform medium brown color. Triple cap.

Burn/Draw- Draw was good nothing too tight. The burn was fair, it occasionally required touch ups.

Flavor/Aroma- Normally I would break a cigar down into thirds for the description. But for this cigar I am going to break away from it.
The cigars first puff upon lighting was nutty. The rest of the beginning continues extremely mildly with hay/grass. Continuing smoking I begin to notice the flavor and body to grow with some cashew sweetness and character. About half way through a great tea flavor emerges. On a side note tea has to be one of my favorite flavors. Coffee begins to accompany the tea note and produces a fantastic aroma. A bit later and with substantially more body and flavor than the first puff some citrus/lemon flavor comes on. An oaky/woodiness develops later. The last flavors before putting it down were creamy/vanilla with some more black tea.

Burn Time-3:10

Overall- 9.1/10, but it was hard to peg for me because of it's evolving character. To add this cigar had probably the more changing flavors than any other I've had to date. Changing from the most mild to a solid medium full at the end as well.