What's new

puroexpress v. Cuban Lous

jwa44

After the cigar, honey!
Which do you prefer? Why? Any issues w/either?
Thx in advance.

On a separate note, football season can't get here soon enough!

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
I haven't dealt with kevin at cubanlou's, but some here have and as far as I know he's very reputable.

puroexpress is tops as well

I've dealt with both and puro's will never swipe my cc again. Kevin at Lou's is a real stand up guy and I would do bizness with him again in a New York second. Personally I prefer to use 1001cubancigars or cigar-czar over Lou's with the czar having a slight edge b/c of the delivery time plus they have an online chat feature that allows the option of chatting with someone. Lisa at czar is more than willing to check boxcodes and tell you whats smoking good and/or not so good for that matter.

Thats my .02 worth!

jwa44

After the cigar, honey!
Thanks gents. That's the input I am looking for. I've personally used Lou's before, and Kevin was great, but I am always looking for alternatives, especially if those of you here have been-there-done-that.
Keep the rec's coming.

Rutkus

Newb Puke
PE can kiss my dick. never bought from cuban lous though but have heard good things from them.

PE can kiss my dick. never bought from cuban lous though but have heard good things from them.
This.

I had problems getting my card to go thru with PE (charge showed up on my card, PE said it was denied), CL was flawless.

jwa44

After the cigar, honey!
OK, so I'm sticking with CL. I liked the service last time and will "dance with who brung ya," so to speak.
Next question. I'm looking to broaden my horizons a bit. I have had the Monte #2s, the Larranaga Petit Coronas, Bolivar Belicosos Finos, Cohiba Panateleas, a Punch and a Hoyo. I like the mild to mid range flavor, lighter coffee notes, slight pepper hints, slight wood tones. Does anyone have any recs on something new that may fit this bill? I am not opposed to a maduro-type, but I don't want a cigar that is chewy. Like I said, I'm looking to fill the humidor with a few new ones.
Any help is appreciated.
Oh yeah, 2 months until opening day!!! Hook Em!! :smokingme

A non-Cuban mild-medium choice would be the Zino Classic line. I really like these. Very good choice.

Cuban wise... How about a Boliva Petit Corona or Tubo #2. They'll be a tad but spicy but not strong with definite flavors. Or maybe a LGC Médaille d'Or No. 4.

jwa44

After the cigar, honey!
So if anyone is wondering, Kevin is the best at Lou's. He threw in a few R&J's tubos on my first order, and they came in w/mold on them. It happens, esp w/tubos. No big deal. I contacted him and let him know. He tells me to remind him when I place my next order and he'll make it right.
I made a quick note on the order form when I placed my latest order. I get my confirmation today and what's on there? 3-5 packs of R&J Tubos #1.
As far as I'm concerned, that's top-notch customer service.
Also, Legends, thanks for the rec's. I've taken your advice on the Bolivars & LGCs.
I'll report back when they get fired up.

So if anyone is wondering, Kevin is the best at Lou's. He threw in a few R&J's tubos on my first order, and they came in w/mold on them. It happens, esp w/tubos. No big deal. I contacted him and let him know. He tells me to remind him when I place my next order and he'll make it right.
I made a quick note on the order form when I placed my latest order. I get my confirmation today and what's on there? 3-5 packs of R&J Tubos #1.
As far as I'm concerned, that's top-notch customer service.
Also, Legends, thanks for the rec's. I've taken your advice on the Bolivars & LGCs.
I'll report back when they get fired up.
Sweet...I agree that Kevin is top notch and a real stand up kinda guy.

Boli pc's=YUMMY especially with a little age on them.

jwa44

After the cigar, honey!
Quick update:
Bolivar PCs: Fantastic, although a bit tightly rolled out of the box. Age will do these some good.
LGC No. 4's: Very nice smoke. A bit of a thin design; I'm not used to smoking something like this, but it is really nice. Mild, but still bolder than it looks. Very nice out of the box.
Bolivar Beli's: Still in the sealed SLB, in the humidor. Have some older ones in the humi that are in line to fire up; SLB will be opened ~0u time!

LGC No. 4's: Very nice smoke. A bit of a thin design; I'm not used to smoking something like this, but it is really nice. Mild, but still bolder than it looks. Very nice out of the box.
Yeah, smoking the thin ones takes some getting used to. Slow down and take your time. I really dig the smaller gauges.