What's new

'puter just died

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, the laptop I have been "borrowing" from my former employer, with permission, just died.

I was browsing the board an "poof" it died. The power button won't respond and removing the battery and holding the power button doesn't do anything.

With that said, I may be off line for a while guys...try to keep it under control in here. :rofl:

I will probably be able to use Rach's laptop every so often. :innocent:

Now I need to hit Best Buy and get one of those USB cradles to get all my pics and stuff off the hard drive. :sadstare:

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dam, what you gonna do if Tom takes over your top post seat?

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
That really sucks Todd...............
Tom here is your chance buddy, get him while he is down..........

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Try pressing the reset button on the bottom of the laptop. That worked for me, mine did the same thing last week. Turned it off and it would not turn back on for anything. I have a HP laptop if that helps at all. You'll need a paperclip and press it for 5 - 10 seconds.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
what kind of laptop is it (make and model number)? did you do a google search using that and the problem you're having? others may have had the same problem and sometimes it'll pull up a forum or a faq with the answer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back ups.........that's all I am saying. I just backed up all of my mp3's to dvd, and just to provide a bit more protection I gave the dvd's to a friend.

The pictures are a pain to back up, as we keep adding to the files.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Damn that blows. I'm not trying to catch you. We all know I did it once already

Do you see what your 2,500 plus posts this month did? Yea, you broker your computer.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
How computer literate are you? I have a number of PC's sitting around I could "lend" you but they are network based and would have to be cleaned.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
How computer literate are you? I have a number of PC's sitting around I could "lend" you but they are network based and would have to be cleaned.
I was thinking the same thing. I could throw one together but I have the feeling you are more of a laptop guy than a desktop guy.

Let us know what you can do or need. YIM me if you can't get on botl.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Damn that sucks Todd. It's never a good feeling when the computer doesn't work and files aren't backed up somewhere.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
The last time I made a back up was a couple months ago...lots of pictures ago.

Thanks for the offers Chuck and Rob...I still have Rachel's laptop.

It is still under warranty so HP is sending me a box to ship it to them in.

Meanwhile, I have been looking all over the place, locally, for a 2.5 inch hard drive enclosure to use to grab all the pics before I ship it off to HP but no one has them in stock.

If anyone has an enclosure, a 2.5 inch IDE, I can use for a fews days it would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
The last time I made a back up was a couple months ago...lots of pictures ago.

Thanks for the offers Chuck and Rob...I still have Rachel's laptop.

It is still under warranty so HP is sending me a box to ship it to them in.

Meanwhile, I have been looking all over the place, locally, for a 2.5 inch hard drive enclosure to use to grab all the pics before I ship it off to HP but no one has them in stock.

If anyone has an enclosure, a 2.5 inch IDE, I can use for a fews days it would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
I have one. Shoot me an addy and I'll send it tomorrow. It's funky lookin, but it works.:thumbsup: