What's new

Q: Last 2 Cigars That Surprised You - Good and Bad

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good: CAO Osa Sol - got it in the dark & stormy 4 pack
Bad: Room 101 Daruma Mutante - shocker too, I love their sticks , I couldn't taste a thing (absence of flavor), my buddy didn't like the taste of his, said he could taste something but didn't like it, really surprising.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised it was GOOD: Capoeira Robusto (aka, Professor) - Rich flavors. Very well balanced with a refined sweet cocoa and subtle spice. Medium body, med/mild strength. Will be buying a box.

Surprised it was NOT good: Xikar HC Series Habano Robusto - I was very similiar in look and flavor to a Casa Magna Colorado. Nice spice and molasses but unfortunatley the similarity ends with an underlying note of ragged, low quality tobacco. I thought it was possibily loaded with a giant stem (it happens) however, the foot looked clean when I lit it and the head showed no large stem ends either. But it was harsh in a way I havent experienced in years. Perhaps it was just this particular stick.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Surprised it was GOOD: Capoeira Robusto (aka, Professor) - Rich flavors. Very well balanced with a refined sweet cocoa and subtle spice. Medium body, med/mild strength. Will be buying a box.

Surprised it was NOT good: Xikar HC Series Habano Robusto - I was very similiar in look and flavor to a Casa Magna Colorado. Nice spice and molasses but unfortunatley the similarity ends with an underlying note of ragged, low quality tobacco. I thought it was possibily loaded with a giant stem (it happens) however, the foot looked clean when I lit it and the head showed no large stem ends either. But it was harsh in a way I havent experienced in years. Perhaps it was just this particular stick.
The first time I had a Capoeira I was pleasantly surprised...that was 2 years ago and now I have about half a dozen boxes of the Professor and Formado...the Formado is my favorite size.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Good- Humor Jaguar- this one continues to fly under the radar with so many good smokes around. Amazingly consistent

Bad- Opus X with 3 years in the humi. Poor draw and burn, flavors somewhat muted. My Opus frustrations continue

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Another for the Good: EloGio Habano Corona Extra. I was expecting to like it. I fell in love with it. Gonna order a box or... twelve.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Good- Graycliff G2, for as cheap as these are they are a great smoke. My friends love them, and they don't break the bank. Great for amateurs and experienced brothers who enjoy a mild-med stick!

Bad- San Cristobal elegancia- I know it's a mellow smoke to begin with, but it was the flattest, most bland cigar I've ever had, absolutely zero spice. It was consistent though out, consistently plain.