What's new

Quesada 40th Anniversary Cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local cigar shop just got five of the six new Manuel Quesada 40th Anniverary cigars from Quesada. The Salomones is the craziest shape I have seen in all my decades of cigar smoking.
6 3/4 x 50/33
- Wrapper: San Adreas Mexico
- Binder: Dominican
- Filler: Secos, Visis, and Ligero from Dominican & Nicaragua

Bulbous head and foot. Don't know how they rolled this thing.
quesada_salomon.jpg

Smoked a toro so far, and it was pretty good, although I think it needs a bit of aging. Plan on smoking a couple more in order to do a fair review.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Rec'd my box of the Robos yesterday, I'll wait a bit before firing one up. Now I just need locate some of the Corona Clasica blend.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The Solomon Press is simply the Quesadas pushing the envelope. Always trying to be bold and innovative. My personal favorite vitola would have to be the toro press though, the Q40 has huge flavor on the retrohale. But it never really goes beyond medium in strength and is very well balanced. But for such an unusual shape the solomon press has consistently been dead on regarding burn, draw, and flavor in the 10 or so I have smoked so far.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The shape alone has definitely peaked my interest. The Oktoberfest is the only Quesada I have had and it's a very good smoke in my opinion.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the one size that the shop I go to did not get. And, it is more limited and a different blend (from what I have read). Agree on waiting, though. Although, you should try one now for comparison later?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personal favorite vitola would have to be the toro press though, the Q40 has huge flavor on the retrohale. But it never really goes beyond medium in strength and is very well balanced. But for such an unusual shape the solomon press has consistently been dead on regarding burn, draw, and flavor in the 10 or so I have smoked so far.
The toro press looks like a great cigar. That will be my next smoke tomorrow. Very firm roll and the wrapper looks great. I was wondering about the solomone as far as burn with such an odd shape. Still impressed with the fact that they pulled that roll off at all!

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Site sponsor Federal Cigar should have their order in early this week if they havent received it already. All 5 sizes.

FamousTLo

Retailer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just smoked this for the 1st time yesterday, simply outstanding. Very impressive smoke, and I agree with Dread that there is an awful lot going on flavor-wise while not being overly strong. Seems to be a trend with Quesada, they pack the flavor in without kicking your ass. For all you Famous fans, you'll see them here pretty soon!