What's new

Question About Humidifier Choice

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife bought me a Newair CC300. I have been using Boveda packs and was wondering what you guys thought about them for this wineador. I was thinking of 1 320 gram pack on bottom and 1 on top with 2 60 gram packs (1 in each draw). My other consideration is Heartfelt beads, specifically the tubes. I was thing 3 of the large ones. What do you guys think would be the best option?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you search ebay or Amazon you can find the Bovedas pretty cost effectively by the dozen. Remember with Bovedas they'll have to be recharged occasionally so you should have maybe 30% extra to cycle through the process. The beads are neat (buy in bulk) because it only takes seconds to spray them down with distilled water and return to the NewAir. I use both, how much of each is so hard to say because of all the variables. It's impossible to have too many. I run 1/4 lb beads and maybe 6 Bovedas in mine but I still have to keep an eye on em because they can dry out pretty quick.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use one of the 320 gram packs and 4 of the 60 gram packs. mine is pretty steady and recovers fast enough when i open it.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Got (8) 60g Boveda packs distributed throughout my 28 bottle wineador. It holds RH well. I like the 60g packs because you can spread them around, and they take up less space than the 320g pack.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a CC-300 for a little over a month now. My advice is:
1- don't over season it. Just get it up to whatever RH you want, and then put your sticks in.
2- once the sticks are in, let it settle at your desired temp for a day or two, and then see what the RH is, before you start adding humidification devices.
This thing must have a crazy tight seal, because it just does not lose humidity, even if I open it once or twice a day (for a minute or so). It is really easy to over-humidify it, and then it takes forever to get the sticks back down, even with a ton of Bovedas.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had a CC-300 for a little over a month now. My advice is:
1- don't over season it. Just get it up to whatever RH you want, and then put your sticks in.
2- once the sticks are in, let it settle at your desired temp for a day or two, and then see what the RH is, before you start adding humidification devices.
This thing must have a crazy tight seal, because it just does not lose humidity, even if I open it once or twice a day (for a minute or so). It is really easy to over-humidify it, and then it takes forever to get the sticks back down, even with a ton of Bovedas.
This. Mine is running a bit high and even with removing all my bovedas it still isnt really coming down. Probably gonna leave it cracked open for a day or so once the ambient humidity comes down some...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys recharge your Bovedas?
Check out this thread. You will learn all about rehydrating Boveda packs.

I have the CC-100 and the AW-280e. I love both for different reasons. I have a Cigar Oasis in the 280, but will probably be changing to Boveda packs, as I find them easier to maintain. I recommend going with the 60g packs. Like stated above, you can arrange them easier and they take up less space. I have 8 in my CC-100 (I have 2 on each level). I will end up with significantly more in my 280, as it's 4x the size and it's being used to hold boxes.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use 4 60g and 2 320g packs in my 280. Holds like a charm far the past month or so. I know its overkill but the more you use the less you have to recharge. I also like that I have a buffer so I can pull packs to recharge without worry of RH changing.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use 4 60g and 2 320g packs in my 280. Holds like a charm far the past month or so. I know its overkill but the more you use the less you have to recharge. I also like that I have a buffer so I can pull packs to recharge without worry of RH changing.
That was my thinking precisely.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Hey Jason, how big is your humidor and how much/many of the HFB are you using? Are you using the loose beads or the sticks?
I’ve got a Whynter 2.5 cuft wineador with 1 lb. between top and bottom, split into seperate mesh bags.

Also got .5 lb. in mesh bags in 3 desktop 100 count humidors.

I only use Bovedas for my “sealed” applications - tupperdores and such.