What's new

Question about humidor

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I know a guy at work that is selling a couple humidors he has collected over the years and he has a CEO Italia humidor that is new and never used. He is asking $60 for it. Are these known to be good humidors and is it worth $60? Thanks for any info.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you are a collector of CAO stuff, then it may hold some value. If you are looking for a decent quality humidor, pass.
More than likely this humidor is one of the run of the mill humidors from Thompsons, CI, etc. that I've seen over the years. They are cheap humidors that are pressboard with little to no cedar. I bought a few in the early 2000's ( 50 count size ) to give a way to BOTL who were new to the hobby and threw in some Ronsons and marginal cigars, cutter.... to welcome them and get an idea of a "starter kit" and now wish that I didn't because the humidors were so cheaply made and these poor guys would post about how they couldn't keep a good RH in them. When one has the money to invest in a good humidor then do so...everybody needs at least one good wood humidor. In the meantime use a good size tupperador ( 2.5 gallon which holds about 150 - 200 cigars ) and save money to buy more cigars.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
More than likely this humidor is one of the run of the mill humidors from Thompsons, CI, etc. that I've seen over the years. They are cheap humidors that are pressboard with little to no cedar. I bought a few in the early 2000's ( 50 count size ) to give a way to BOTL who were new to the hobby and threw in some Ronsons and marginal cigars, cutter.... to welcome them and get an idea of a "starter kit" and now wish that I didn't because the humidors were so cheaply made and these poor guys would post about how they couldn't keep a good RH in them. When one has the money to invest in a good humidor then do so...everybody needs at least one good wood humidor. In the meantime use a good size tupperador ( 2.5 gallon which holds about 150 - 200 cigars ) and save money to buy more cigars.
Why does everyone need a good wood humidor?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why does everyone need a good wood humidor?
For several reasons:

1. They impart the cedar aroma transfer to your cigars.
2. Good wood humidors depending on size don't go bad and last a lifetime.
3. Like most things in life they are items we enjoy...like a nice watch, good suit, etc. and
enthusiasts like looking at a nice humidor and are a focal point of pride.

Not everybody has to have one...but most aspire to own a quality wood humidor for other personal reasons.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
For several reasons:

1. They impart the cedar aroma transfer to your cigars.
2. Good wood humidors depending on size don't go bad and last a lifetime.
3. Like most things in life they are items we enjoy...like a nice watch, good suit, etc. and
enthusiasts like looking at a nice humidor and are a focal point of pride.

Not everybody has to have one...but most aspire to own a quality wood humidor for other personal reasons.
Makes sense.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have a tappadore now that I have used for a couple years. The humidor looked great just couldn't find any info on them. I want to get a nice 100-150 count one day. What are good companies too look at?

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I have a tappadore now that I have used for a couple years. The humidor looked great just couldn't find any info on them. I want to get a nice 100-150 count one day. What are good companies too look at?
Do you already have a place/space for this humidor? Obviously you have a idea in your head of what you would like.

Go out and find that piece/look...and then fill it up with nice stacking tupperdors.

That way when you outgrow it you can just go buy a cabinet and start planning your walk in...