What's new

Question about iced coffee

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I think a long/double brew is best for iced coffee, then DON'T put ice in the pitcher -- just put it in the glass when you pour it. If you put ice in the pitcher it double-waters it down when the ice there melts, then the ice in the glass melts too.

As a non-alcohol drinker, I'm always looking for stuff to drink with cigars (I kind of envy you scotch guys). I TRY to stay away from cold drinks, because it can numb the ol taste buds to the flavors of my cigar. So that leaves warm and tepid beverages, which takes out iced tea and iced coffee and soda. Pretty much leaves me with hot tea (anyone know good cigars to pair with various tea blends?? I'd love that) and the old standby espresso. Always looking for options.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
OK., it's getting hot out and i'm digging up an old tread. What ratios are you guys using when making cold brewed coffee?

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
OK., it's getting hot out and i'm digging up an old tread. What ratios are you guys using when making cold brewed coffee?
I use a Toddy for cold brew and just follow the ratio in the insturctions, off the top of my head i think it is 7 cups of water for 12oz of ground coffee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
alright, went and picked up a half gallon mason jar at lunch, will grab some gounds this afternoon and off to brewing tonight to get it ready for the weekend. I have read about a 1/4 ratio so for a half gallon that should put me at 2 cups of grounds. If any of this sounds off feel free to jump in.