What's new

Question for all the FOGs around

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was one of those guys at the Onion (Unical 76) back in the 80s.
But, not attendants.
We preferred: "Petroleum Transfer Technicians"
New Jersey is the only state that won't let you self serve. If you are disabled then stations are obligated to fill your tank upon request....that's why they put those little red buttons nearby.
Petroleum Transfer Technicians.....lol....love it!!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
...it was in san diego. there were a lot fewer members then. and it took some convincing for my family to understand that i wanted to fly to san diego and meet up with a bunch of "online" guys whom i had never actually met, and stay at a location that i didn't know the whereabouts of. what could possibly go wrong???? well, nothing did go wrong. i found the most welcoming happy group of guys i could possibly imagine. all walks of life were included. and during that whole long weekend i did not hear one cross word uttered. pretty amazing! most of the names aren't around any more. although a few are. here's some names you may not have heard of.... electric sheep, halon, smokem94, greg, gibbleguts, dpricenator, volusianator, boppa wasch, moro. it was one of the finest times i've had. really taught me a lot about botl and the brotherhood.
That was a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oregon too
At 12:01 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2018 New Jersey became the last state in the nation where drivers are not allowed to pump their own gasoline around the clock...sad day becuz I hate the smell of gas when I step in it and transfer it to the carpeting in my new car.....grrrrrrrrr!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Cigary, you know you can get those disposable shoe covers and gloves from either hospital supply or clean room supply places. I see lots of people throw on a pair of gloves when pumping gas.

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
At 12:01 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2018 New Jersey became the last state in the nation where drivers are not allowed to pump their own gasoline around the clock...sad day becuz I hate the smell of gas when I step in it and transfer it to the carpeting in my new car.....grrrrrrrrr!
Not doubting you, but I drove through Oregon in July of this year, filled up the car twice, both times was told the gas station employee had to pump fuel.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cigary, you know you can get those disposable shoe covers and gloves from either hospital supply or clean room supply places. I see lots of people throw on a pair of gloves when pumping gas.
Yeah...but that's gonna cost me more and gas is high enough. My fear is having to settle for pink gloves and booties and then hiding from the other gas-pumpers while they are laughing...don't know if I can stand another humiliation at the gas station.

konmtu

CRA #100012823
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Not doubting you, but I drove through Oregon in July of this year, filled up the car twice, both times was told the gas station employee had to pump fuel.
My understanding of the Orgeon gas pumping thing is that there are certain areas where you're allowed to pump your own gas. I don't remember the exact details.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My understanding of the Orgeon gas pumping thing is that there are certain areas where you're allowed to pump your own gas. I don't remember the exact details.
January 1, customers can now pump their own gas in Oregon, though only at stand-alone gas stations in counties with fewer than 40,000 residents.