What's new

Question for my Cigar aficionados?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Good day Brothers & sisters,

Question for the seasoned smokers, When reading various post the majority of you know your stuff. So my question is - Do you have a cigar log book, or just a keen knack to remember what you smoke how it taste and how it compares to another? With all the selections how do you remember names,labels, etc..etc? Thanks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a select few brands I stick to. A cigar log book is not a bad idea if you smoke a wide variety. Get a nice book, put the label in it, and take notes. You can even compare those notes in the future if you age some of the cigars you smoked already

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i'm sure you'll find all different answers. some have books, some have computer programs. some just have done it so long they just remember. some have done it so long they forget...............

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I used to keep a log book a few years ago. I ran across it about a month back and it was interesting to see my thoughts on some cigars I'd forgotten about. Some I don't really care for anymore and others I really like that I didn't rate very high at first.

Now I smoke about half that are smokes I know I love (maybe 5-6 in rotation) and half are trying all kinds of new cigars.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Bob chisels it in to stone. I don't smoke many different brands. Of the brands I smoke I know what a stick should taste like.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
If you're just getting started, you can go as simple as a roll of scotch tape and a notepad...Just tape the band, jot down the date, and take a few notes.

Remember...Don't judge a cigar by only smoking one...You may just get that one bad cigar from a box, and it will unfairly ruin your judgement of it :)

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I have a spreadsheet on the computer in which I keep notes, and other nerdy stuff about the cigars.

Yes, I'm with jj... Bob actually paints his on the cave wall with squashed berries and fruit dyes...

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Good looking out guys, I read review after review and it baffles me how many times I see a thread where some one list a stick they smoked and then ask for an opinion then you get a flurry of post regarding the stick, one like It, the draw, how to store it, when to smoke it, if you like that one you'll love this one?
:lookaroun I guess I'll get it one stick at a time, alot of good advice Thanks

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Years ago I kept a log. No longer. Too many years. Too many cigars. I like what I like.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I keep a spreadsheet with humidor inventory and smoking history. When I smoke a cigar I just copy the details (or cut if its my last one) the line over to the history page and jot down some notes. Sometimes high brow stuff like "Hints of lavender and high quality motor oil" but more often things like "Blargh, too strong" or "Badass. Find more."

-Charles

awhitaker

HoosierOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started using Mobile Stogie on my iPhone. It's a pretty good program that allows me to keep track of which cigars are in my humidor. It has a database of a lot of sticks but I have found some that weren't on there but there's an option to add new ones. There's also a wishlist on it and a section under each smoke for notes.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
when first starting out a notebook is a great idea. After a while you'll find you can just remember much more and won't need it

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I just started using Mobile Stogie on my iPhone. It's a pretty good program that allows me to keep track of which cigars are in my humidor. It has a database of a lot of sticks but I have found some that weren't on there but there's an option to add new ones. There's also a wishlist on it and a section under each smoke for notes.
Awesome. Checking this one out. Thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using this one as well and it works fine. Recomended!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I'm not that ambitious nor have more than a dozen different sticks I prefer. Seeing how there's always something new comming around the corner I just keep it simple..If I like it, I smoke it.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Im at the experiment stage trying this trying that, but it never cease to aamze me how you guys can distinguish different sticks from others by pointing out specific flavors then comparing them to something you smoke last month.??