What's new

Question for the FOG'S of the CCgame

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I know some here have been in the CC game for 20+ years. I have one simple question, how did you order before the internet age? Telephone, snail mail?
I can't imagine chasing these without Al Gore's contribution to mankind (Internet).

That is my form of sarcasm, btw. I actually have a T shirt that says:
"Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did make up global warming"

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Cool question, started wondering this recently myself - being born in '93 some guys here have probably been smoking CC's longer than I've been alive. Should be an interesting thread
Dang, you're a young 'un. Born in '71, Married in '94. My son was born in '98.
I'm getting old......

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Kinda of a funny story on that ....
Bunch of us would just pool our money , Like we do splits Now, and call to the vendor or the supplier , We never used the same Credit Card twice , and we wouldn't have the Cigar sent to the same address, boy we thought that we were slick LOL, So it come to my turn to order, we work out the split as normal , (Now we were only hearing about a few letters being sent and none of the guys in my group had gotten one yet, so we felt pretty cocky) , So I had just move to MN, Living in Hotel for weeks (TDY with the GOV) , So I said I'm going to Brave it and have it sent to my Office (MN Interagency Fire Center) , All went like it was suppose to , cigars were delivered , Weeks later, I got a call in my office from one of the clerks, Saying I needed to sign for some items that were from Geneva Switzerland , sweating the whole back to my office , It worked ........ (y)

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Back in the early '90s I ordered from a place in Canada via phone. The vendor would drive all his orders from Vancouver across the border and mail them from the US.
In the early days of BOTL , we had a Brother that was from Canada, he owned/worked a shop , he was our mule for a few year , But Damn the price for CC from Canada was so HIGH ........