What's new

Question for the old guys. (Or young guys for that matter)

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Lately I have been noticing a flavor in many of the cigars I have been smoking. The flavor is cilantro. (I hate cilantro)

It has popped up in old cigars, cigars rott, gifted cigars and sticks from the b&m. It is not an overpowering flavor but something that is noticeable.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All dependant in what sticks you are smoking. I tend to shy away from most Dominicans just because of a taste that I couldn't quite put a finger on but Cilantro isn't far off LOL

Try out the full bodied Nic's, none of them (even the ones I consider dog rockets for other reasons) have that specific taste. Another good bit of advice is to quit lighting your sticks in the fashion shown in your avatar, thats definitely going to infuse with "earthy" tones!

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Can't say I've ever heard of that one, bro. Are you doubling up on the chipotle cilantro lime rice at lunch or what? :p

It's obviously not a storage issue cause you've noticed it in cigars ROTT and ones you've stored yourself, right?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How often do you smoke? How long have you been smoking that often? Maybe you simply need a short break from smoking.. a little period without having any cigars to give your taste buds a chance to rest and kind of reset themselves.. It's odd that it is in a lot you happen to be smoking lately. Even if you usually stick with a specific flavor profile, it shouldn't be presenting itself that often..

Or, as mentioned..stray to a different country blend. If you're used to smoking Dominican cigars, give a few heartier, stronger Nicaraguans a try. Or go with some milder sticks that offer some sweeter notes, if you're into more earth-toned cigars.

Also, do you pair your cigars with anything drink wise? Maybe switch up what you're drinking with.. go with something that cleanses the palette a little better in between puffs.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Can't say I've ever heard of that one, bro. Are you doubling up on the chipotle cilantro lime rice at lunch or what? :p

It's obviously not a storage issue cause you've noticed it in cigars ROTT and ones you've stored yourself, right?
Lol. That is the flavor I'm getting.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
What about a mental thing? I used to get the worst flavor in cigars (anise mixed with oak), similar to yours. But I took an unwanted break due to work and forgot about it. It went away. I didn't even realize until I was flipping through my tasting book.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
What about a mental thing? I used to get the worst flavor in cigars (anise mixed with oak), similar to yours. But I took an unwanted break due to work and forgot about it. It went away. I didn't even realize until I was flipping through my tasting book.
Is not every stick. Which is what has been confusing me. The last 3 I noticed it in were a quesada 40th, a my father, and a skull breaker. Over the last week or so.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Sorry about those salsa dipped sticks I sent you bro. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Those were not dipped they were "infused" :rolling:
Wait, you mean you're not supposed to store your sticks and salsa in the same Tupperware container?

Next you're going to tell me I shouldn't wrap them with tortillas...

Rating - 100%
58   0   0

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Sorry about those salsa dipped sticks I sent you bro. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Wait, you mean you're not supposed to store your sticks and salsa in the same Tupperware container?

Salsa bad. Tortilla good. That's how you get that nice salty flavor
Whew. I use a 12" tortilla to keep my 3 cigars safe and moist. I'd hate to have to change it out.

Wait, flour or corn?

Rating - 100%
58   0   0

Salsa bad. Tortilla good. That's how you get that nice salty flavor
Whew. I use a 12" tortilla to keep my 3 cigars safe and moist. I'd hate to have to change it out.

Wait, flour or corn?
Corn. We're not making chips here.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0

Great now I want Chipotle due to this thread.