What's new

Question for you Siglo lovers..

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Interested to hear what you might prefer between the Siglo III, and the Sig IV...both would be 2008 boxcodes. Only have ever had the VI and thought it was good, but not amazing by any means.....so am curious about trying this line in a smaller RG.

What say you?

Last edited:

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Tough call on that one. I prefer the Siglo IV because my favorite vitola is a Corona Gorda. However, the Siglo III has been a stellar performer for a long time. IMHO, you cannot go wrong with either.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough call on that one. I prefer the Siglo IV because my favorite vitola is a Corona Gorda. However, the Siglo III has been a stellar performer for a long time. IMHO, you cannot go wrong with either.
I'll agree 100%. These are two very good, very reliably consistent cigars.

Cheers
Drew P

TMS

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ditto on the IV's I have a cab from 08 which are just fantastic. They've been sitting all winter and I cannot wait to spark one once NE defrosts.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I would go with the Siglo III, more concetrated flavors imo......It seems the longer I smoke cigars to more I get tiered of the bigger RG cigars.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I prefer the IVs, but the VIs and IIIs are great as well and I do also enjoy a V from time to time. Hard to argue with to CoRos and CoLans either.

Bull

Time to rest.............
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have and love both
Anytime I can have the Corona Gorda, take it

That said, some of the IV's have tighter draws than the III.

buy the size you like...you will not be disappointed

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
buy the size you like...you will not be disappointed
This is essentially what it boiled down to for me.....I much prefer the CG vitola. In addition, w/ the Sig III the only option was boxes of 25. 15 IV Tubos gave me a lower overall pricepoint, albeit at a higher per stick price. Heard good things about tubos though, so that was a trade off I was comfortable making :smokingbo.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Interested to hear what you might prefer between the Siglo III, and the Sig IV...both would be 2008 boxcodes. Only have ever had the VI and thought it was good, but not amazing by any means.....so am curious about trying this line in a smaller RG.

What say you?

I say I hope your credit card goes to a PO box so the Mrs. doesn't see it! You have been on a CC rampage lately! :eyebrow:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
why Tubos? Since just like more money you won't smoke.
Mostly just to get the extra year of age...as only Sig IV 08's left were of the Tubos variety. The others were 09's...and only 25 ct options. So do concede the higher price per stick argument, but if I can get a great smoke one year earlier, or even right away....for an extra $2/stick, thats worth it to me.

And Jack, you might be on to something bro...I better have them cc statements sent to my office from now on...LOL:wifey:

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I would go with the Siglo III, more concetrated flavors imo......It seems the longer I smoke cigars to more I get tiered of the bigger RG cigars.
I could not agree more....think of how good a Behike is and what it could be say in a lancero format...smaller RG more concentrated for sure.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I disagree... I've found cigars to age much better in tubos and, depending on the cost, it's worth it!
^^^This. If you are aging for the long term they can create a stellar smoke. H. Upmann Naturales come to mind, as do older RyJ Churchill A/Ts. I am just finishing a box of '01, Bolivar #2 A/Ts that were fantastic.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
cohibas are the largest holding in my humidor. Love the IVs however, VIs, esplendidos, coros and lanceros are always on my hit list.