What's new

question on a pipe ive had for a while...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so ive been smoking my pipe for about 2-3 months or more. anyways, i walked into the local pipe shop the other day and talked with the owner about pipes for a while. my pipe wont rest comfortable in my jaw, i have invert my bottom jaw very abruptly to do so, and it is uncomfortable. making me have to hold my pipe at all times. he told me this was a poorly desinged pipe. any thoughts on this?

all information, tips for buying pipes welcome!.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Length, shape and weight are huge factors in how comfortable it is to clench. The pipe may be poorly designed for your smoking style, but doesn't mean it's a bad pipe. Got any pictures, that always helps!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Shape and size are a big factor if you want to hold your pipe in your mouth while smoking. I have a few that are very comfortable to smoke this way, they are all small to medium bowled, standard shapes with either straight or with a slight bend to the stems. I also prefer lucite stems on these pipes as I can bite harder with out leaving teeth marks or fear of biting through a vulcanite stem!

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Shape and size are a big factor if you want to hold your pipe in your mouth while smoking. I have a few that are very comfortable to smoke this way, they are all small to medium bowled, standard shapes with either straight or with a slight bend to the stems. I also prefer lucite stems on these pipes as I can bite harder with out leaving teeth marks or fear of biting through a vulcanite stem!
You can also get some rubber tips for the stem so you can get a firmer grip. This will help with the jaw issue also.