What's new

question

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
plastic trays for travel humidors. my foam tray would sit inside of a plastic tray. tray would be very sturdy. what do you think, and what would you be willing to pay for each tray?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
yes, foam sits in tray. sturdy enough so you could put 20 cigars on the tray, and it wont sag. similar to a tray in one of the zero haliburtons

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
yes, foam sits in tray. sturdy enough so you could put 20 cigars on the tray, and it wont sag. similar to a tray in one of the zero haliburtons
I would pay a fair price as long as they are retro-fitted to fit the Cigar Caddies.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm always hauling my bigars out of my 18 I bought from you and they roll all over th eplace. A plastic try where they could be rmobed and displayed at a herf or to choose a cigar would be great. The stiff foam trays concerned me as the current ones do a great job cradling the sticks safely. Cool idea.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Any way to put some kind of handles on them? Like little straps to pull the trays out? Stuff always falls over whenever I pull somethin out of a caddy. If the trays are nice and stackable, they would be pretty cool.

EDIT: missed Todd's post. I didn't know ribbon handle trays existed.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i had some homemade trays that had straps on them to pull the trays out of the trAVEL HUMI. the new trays will be easy to get out

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
IDK, maybe five bucks. Really have to see what they look like and how they function to get a good idea of their value.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I would definately be interested Ron. I like the foam trays that I got from you, better than the stuff that comes with the cigar caddies. But what I don't like about them is in order to take them out of the box, you have to bend them slightly and sometime the foot of a cigar can get damaged. I guess the little ribbon or string handles would help.

But I would be interested in the plastic trays, even better than the foam.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd like that sort of thing for my 50-stick Cigar Caddy. I'd probably pay about $5 for a set or a buck apiece.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Ron, just to be clear; are you talking about trays that are as deep as the foam inserts are now? Only with foam lining so that you can fit more cigars in/on each tray?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I would definately be interested Ron. I like the foam trays that I got from you, better than the stuff that comes with the cigar caddies. But what I don't like about them is in order to take them out of the box, you have to bend them slightly and sometime the foot of a cigar can get damaged. I guess the little ribbon or string handles would help.

But I would be interested in the plastic trays, even better than the foam.
Yep, I hear ya on the bending of the trays.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
here is the problem with the trays. getting molds made is very expensive. easy to justify the cost on a high end item like the Zero Haliburton travel humidors. But on a cheap, plastic travel humidor, its hard to add in the trays, and keep the costs reasonable. Its easy to make up a homemade version, but it winds up being a little bit crude, and the time involved to make a homemade tray is not really worth it from a business standpoint. Getting trays manufactured is a pretty big investment. I have the tray design all figured out, trouble is that it can easily turn a $40travel humidor into a $80-$100 travel humidor.