What's new

Question?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So the last 2 cigars I have smoked this week have basically tunneled and the wrapper will not burn properly. I end up sucking so hard on it that it burns hot and bitter and I give in and put it out. My humidor consistently reads 68-72 degrees and 61-63 humidity. Does keeping the sticks at a lower humidity hurt them when it comes to smoking? I am using the puck so I was thinking maybe add a little bit more water to the beds? Thoughts?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
So the last 2 cigars I have smoked this week have basically tunneled and the wrapper will not burn properly. I end up sucking so hard on it that it burns hot and bitter and I give in and put it out. My humidor consistently reads 68-72 degrees and 61-63 humidity. Does keeping the sticks at a lower humidity hurt them when it comes to smoking? I am using the puck so I was thinking maybe add a little bit more water to the beds? Thoughts?
Sounds like a bad roll versus humi issues. Make sure your hygrometer is accurate. Usually a dry cigar will burn faster and draw easier.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
What cigars were these? Most mainstream brands are fairly good quality and have very few construction issues. It doesn't rule this out completely though.

Maybe your hygrometer is not properly calibrated. You might try dry-boxing your next couple of cigars for a day or so and see if that helps. (Take out of your humidor, remove the cello and put in a empty / unhumidified cigar box.)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
One was a Funete maduro and one was a 5 vegas. I was just surprised b/c I know Fuente is known for their quality. Anyways I am going to recalibrate the hygrometer just to make sure it is working fine. Could just be 2 bad sticks