What's new

!?! Question !?!

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Does anyone know a good spot to get one of those large travel cases? I have seen some on Fieldsupply but I was wondering if there were other options. Even bigger maybe? My wineador is too crowded for my liking and not organized how I would like (I'm developing a TICK thinking about it ). Im looking for an option to get me through untill I purchase something Nice and big. I know it would be easier to just grab some Tupperware and forget about it, but I like the asthetics of the travel cases. I was hoping to take cigars out of the wine fridge and place them in empty boxes I have, so a travel case suitable for a few box's would be Ideal, nothing crazy, just a few boxes. Any input would be appreciated!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I agree with Cmac.. tupperware.. or a small cooler is the way to go if you are looking for temp storage only.. youll be able to store a lot more stuff.. at a much lower cost.. if you go that route..

If you must have a large traveldor... the 40 count ones you can get from Field Supply usually go on sale a couple of times a year for $19.. thats the best deal going IMO.. theyre not quite as well put together as the XiKar 50 counts.. but.. they will absolutely get the job done.. I used one for probably a year and a half until a group of assclowns here.. lead by assclower in chief @kingkill33 bombed me with the XiKar I now use..

I have the 40 count to a buddy of mine that occasionally drops in here.. he "traveled" with it to Afghanistan.. where it has served him very well... protecting his sticks in a very tough environment.. for more than 6 months now..

between the two of us.. we've gotten a whole lot of mileage out of a $19 case..

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Agreed. I picked up a large tupperware at Target (about 3'x2'x2') for around $10 at target. It has a foam seal that goes around the top, and the lid "locks" down into place. Throw some KL, Boveda packs, or beads in it and you're in business.

If you do want to go the traveldor route though, I'd look into Pelican cases. They're designed for camera equipment and such, but they seal nicely and you can design your own custom inserts to match your needs.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Agreed. I picked up a large tupperware at Target (about 3'x2'x2') for around $10 at target. It has a foam seal that goes around the top, and the lid "locks" down into place. Throw some KL, Boveda packs, or beads in it and you're in business.

If you do want to go the traveldor route though, I'd look into Pelican cases. They're designed for camera equipment and such, but they seal nicely and you can design your own custom inserts to match your needs.
Yup, Pelican case is what i was going to suggest had a small one in Bahrain on a Navy ship sealed amazingly and worked really well. you can get ones from very small to large enough for you to curl up into a ball and shut the lid. i currently have a pelican case from Gurkha and its better than my actual wood humidor.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

Do you happen to know which one you bought, brand, name, model, anything?
I never seem to find large ones that have gaskets...

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just throwing this out there if you still want to look into a traveldor. I got the 50 count Xikar one on Cbid for a little over $30 if I remember correctly. It's been a little over a year ago. I use it a lot when I travel for over 3 days because I never know what I'll be in the mood for and I always like to share with buddies and even people I just meet if we get to talking about cigars.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Do you happen to know which one you bought, brand, name, model, anything?
I never seem to find large ones that have gaskets...
Went and checked them out, ended up getting the same one as rupe. Picked it up at Walmart for 16.97. Definitely Zip lock seems to be best for storing considering the foam lining and locks. I did see a nice clear dark grey Rubbermaid but there's no great seal, unless u lined the foam yourself, I prefer the Easy Button. Thank you all for the input, very helpful.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Went and checked them out, ended up getting the same one as rupe. Picked it up at Walmart for 16.97. Definitely Zip lock seems to be best for storing considering the foam lining and locks. I did see a nice clear dark grey Rubbermaid but there's no great seal, unless u lined the foam yourself, I prefer the Easy Button. Thank you all for the input, very helpful.
I definitely see a couple of these in my not too distant future!

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
I wish Walmart by me had that one. Only ziploc one they had at all was the "small" I got. Which its plenty room for me so far but still

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0